UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Bring New People To The Refuge

Karen

It used to be nice when people said Happy Birthday to members, doesn't seem to happen any more :unsure: the comaradie (sp) seems to have gone :mecry: Happy birthday to me :mecry:

I think this is one area that Facebook has done, as I seeem to wish more people Happy Birthday on there, than on here. But Happy Birthday :flowers: here too.

Mxxx

• 2 months later...

we went to the shop and a whole load of 20/30's semi naked blokes went running past.

sadly all to old for me

and the photos are WHERE ?

I fink you may have posted on the wrong thread, Lesley :unsure:

I dunno maybe semi naked blokes running around here would boost numbers laugh.gif

Wish I had seen them, age doesn't matter it is how you feel that counts. :laugh:

100 % agree laugh.gif

The only reason I come here now is because of other members. There are people here who I can't see/chat to elsewhere. If they stop posting then so will I. Thankfully those people are in RMF and I believe it's that thread keeping this forum alive. Sadly there just isn't much rescue/welfare action going on here any more for some reason. Guess it's down to the members and admin/mods to do something about it otherwise who knows how much longer people will continue to come and chat. Maybe arrange some meet ups for walkies, meals, evenings out. Then folk will come back and chat about it, post pics and will inject interest and enthusiasm back. Something for Xmas. Something fun the members can join in on like a quiz, game online. Anything to get some interest back as there is nothing going on here.

Edited by Jacobean

Michelle I too have found the lack of postings by rescues very sad,where are the volunteer posts?What a shame the membership of the Refuge isn't being utilised by rescues needing help.I still find RMF much too long,so rarely post there anymore either.In fact if it wasn't for wanting to keep up with Oldies stuff - and even that's gone very very quiet - I probably wouldn't visit Refuge anymore,too many other forums who are asking for Homechecks etc that I can do.Shame as I have enjoyed being here.

Well I happened to wander through here for the first time in a long time (looking for a user who also appears to have left), I figured I should at least give my tuppence. I was here pretty much from the start, when so many of us really were looking for a refuge, but it ended up feeling like a case of out of the frying pan into the fire. I finally gave up because I could no longer stomach the cliques and nastiness, which frequently went far beyond simply ignoring people's posts. It's interesting to see that some of the worst offenders also appear to have left as well, it's just a shame they were allowed to drive out so many others before they did.

It's not like no-one complained about it at the time, but the replies were always that there 'were no cliques', or that anyone complaining was simply 'out to cause trouble'. So people continued to leave one by one, some absentees were missed, some went unnoticed by many, some went unnoticed by all. This is the net effect.

I don't have any great suggestions on how to improve things now. I don't know the site well enough anymore to have an opinion on it. But I have no doubt that it will have to involve new blood rather than old. Time moves fast on the internet, I, and many others have already moved on, and people don't tend to go back again. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever post here regularly again, even if I were welcome, and it's been a very very long time since I felt welcome here. But I still have fond memories of it, the good times were really good, I met some amazing people here and made some fantastic friends. It's sad to see it so very quiet now.

How about an auction - we haven't had one for ages and it would be good to have a clear out after Christmas of all those unwanted presents :flowers: With the added bonus of raising money for a good cause of course - which could be chosen by way of members submitting nominees and then voting on a poll :flowers: