UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Mrs B : we're all used to your barmyness here, it's why you fit in :wink:

I knew there was a reason why I was here. :biggrin:

I have caught your nedache by the way - something else that's been passed down the 'puter wires it seems. :unsure:

Looking forward to a day in the office with my colleague who's on his last day before holiday - and then I'm in the office all on my own on Monday as everyone else is away - so I'll be picking up all the new jobs today - although in fairness my colleague is a grafter, so it's not a case of slopey shoulders.

Also facing up to the fact that I will HAVE to go to the supermarket tonight, which my shoulder doesn't want to do - but the alternative of on-line shopping my shoulder also doesn't want to do so I'm going to grit my teeth and just get on with it.

Off to see if a critical e-mail has arrived!

morning. I wish summer hadnt finished so early. As my builders are taking the roof off in sections, I now have full air conditioning and my own new shower on the landing.... called ruddy great hole in the roof where the plastic sheeting blew off in the night :laugh: :laugh:

Morning saw a couple of meteors last night and haven't woken up blind and being stalked by triffids or zombies so thats good :laugh:

Wedding reception on the train or on a Friday went down like a lead balloon :rolleyes: however methinks the more appointments they have with venue wedding planners and the more depressed they become at the costs they can't afford the more they will come around to my helpful suggestions :wink:

Morning saw a couple of meteors last night and haven't woken up blind and being stalked by triffids or zombies so thats good :laugh:

:ohmy: Can't believe I didn't worry about that! It seems like exactly the sort of thing that I would wake up at 3am and fret about! :laugh:

Wedding reception on the train or on a Friday went down like a lead balloon :rolleyes: however methinks the more appointments they have with venue wedding planners and the more depressed they become at the costs they can't afford the more they will come around to my helpful suggestions :wink:

The amount that big traditional weddings cost is just insane, and even then you only get something that is just the same as what everyone else got. And do the happy couple really enjoy it more than, say a really good holiday? I really don't get the appeal, personally. :unsure: (actually I reckon if 50 relatives want to get together for a party, they should jolly well pay for their own dinner, but then my family is tiny so I can take them all to a pub and not have the Angry Aunt problem :laugh:)

I am weirdly wellorganised this morning. Everything that should be done, has been done. And I am properly awake,and everything. And it's not even 9am. This is very odd. Something is bound to go horribly wrong at any moment... :unsure:

Does anyone else type stuff out and then delete it as you think what a load of rubbish/ no-one will care etc or is just me? :laugh:

i do that too :flowers:

:GroupHug: for all hurty people

glad nobody has been stalked by zombies/tryphids etc :laugh:

my ear is sore today... i don't want to go out but i have a hair appointment so i have to...... means i have to have my hair washed (i don't want anyone near my sore ear!!!)

chickentikka..... hope your car isn't too bad :flowers:

I agree just leave them to it and when they accept their aspirations and budget do not match they will have to decided where they want to compromise

meanwhile you can go and spend your time looking at outfits for you biggrin.gif

:ohmy: Can't believe I didn't worry about that! It seems like exactly the sort of thing that I would wake up at 3am and fret about! :laugh:

The amount that big traditional weddings cost is just insane, and even then you only get something that is just the same as what everyone else got. And do the happy couple really enjoy it more than, say a really good holiday? I really don't get the appeal, personally. :unsure: (actually I reckon if 50 relatives want to get together for a party, they should jolly well pay for their own dinner, but then my family is tiny so I can take them all to a pub and not have the Angry Aunt problem :laugh:)

I am weirdly wellorganised this morning. Everything that should be done, has been done. And I am properly awake,and everything. And it's not even 9am. This is very odd. Something is bound to go horribly wrong at any moment... :unsure:

Well as you know I am a hoooooge SciFi fan so the comet/meteor thing is a recurring theme I was joking about it with hubby last night as I'm always comenting on films saying "don't go down/in/out there you daft beggar cos you knowwwww whats gonna happen" and yet there I was stood in the garden craning my neck up to stare at the meteors DOH! :laugh: :laugh:

Funnily enough I have suggested more than a few times that if people want to come to the reception but Nick & Vicky have reached their budget limit that people should be told we'd love to see you there but you'll have to pay for your own meal - unfortunately I seem to be the only one who thinks this is acceptable, both grans were utterly horrified when I mentioned it as was hubby. Same reaction when I suggested a Friday or midweek wedding - absolute horror :rolleyes: problem is the family "politics" naturally Nick & Vicky want people there that are important to them, that means fewer places for "relatives they rarely see" but trying to work that out and avoid offending people is already a nightmare.

I agree just leave them to it and when they accept their aspirations and budget do not match they will have to decided where they want to compromise

meanwhile you can go and spend your time looking at outfits for you biggrin.gif

Oh I have already got that well in hand :laugh: I have heard about this fantastic place in Stockport for more amply proportioned ladies and seen some absolutely fantastic outfits any of which I would be happy with, told my mother (she who is now almost a stone UNDER weight thanks to the weightwatchers cult) to be met with the utterly predicable "well why don't you see if you could lose a bit of weight before then" :rolleyes:

im afraid if it was my boys partner wanting something lavish, id be telling them to pay for it themselves.

im sure davids girlfriend will want the full thing if they get married, but I cant afford it. I think the thousands could help with a deposit on a place, or off the mortgage

we just had close family and friends. people we hardly saw, we didnt invite. the money we would have spent, we bought all the stuff for our first flat

Both my kids were married on a weekday (Thursday) because it was LOADS cheaper. The people who they wanted to be there all took a day off work and of the ones who were "conscience invites" most didn't come because they said they couldn't get the day off. :flowers:

Hope they sort themselves out.

3 days running :biggrin:

My colleague's organise weddings and I would rather stick pins in my eyes than get involved :laugh: I am happy doing my corporate golf days and conferences, thank you very much.

Seems a lot of people get so carried away with all the different things, they focus less on the wedding and marriage :unsure:

RMF: I am hoping the weather picks up soon or we could be a little chilly in our tent :unsure:

im afraid if it was my boys partner wanting something lavish, id be telling them to pay for it themselves.

im sure davids girlfriend will want the full thing if they get married, but I cant afford it. I think the thousands could help with a deposit on a place, or off the mortgage

we just had close family and friends. people we hardly saw, we didnt invite. the money we would have spent, we bought all the stuff for our first flat

They are paying for it themselves - we will naturally help out as much as we can (which won't be a heck of a lot sadly) as will the granny's etc. but the bulk of the cost will borne totally by them. Which is why we are trying to keep the cost down as although they are saving madly, they have a mortgage to pay and all the household bills that go along with that so they don't have a huge amount left over each month to save up.

They are hyper aware that the more expensive the wedding the longer it'll be before they can even afford to get married. They have no debt other than their mortgage and could afford to actually borrow to pay for it, but they both are utterly against borrowing and want to pay for it all without going into debt which I admire them for. They aren't looking to have the wedding of the year by any means, they want to try and do everything for £2,500 that includes the dress, suit hire, flowers, reception etc.

3 days running :biggrin:

My colleague's organise weddings and I would rather stick pins in my eyes than get involved :laugh: I am happy doing my corporate golf days and conferences, thank you very much.

Seems a lot of people get so carried away with all the different things, they focus less on the wedding and marriage :unsure:

RMF: I am hoping the weather picks up soon or we could be a little chilly in our tent :unsure:

Tell me about it! :laugh: I arrange about 15 weddings a year in our churches, and I only get involved with the church side of things - most of our couples are lovely, but there are exceptions :wink: