UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all

I had loads of scintillating and witty things to RMF about yesterday but they have gone right out of my head :rolleyes:

Please choose from hugs, hellos and get better :flowers:

Took Dex for a dressing change tonight, the vets was heaving as they'd had a couple of emergencies earlier and were running behind. We were sat next to a very stressed dallie girl, who was muzzled cos she hates all people and animals as soon as she enters the vets, Dex tried to make friends from a distance by woo woo wurrumphing at her and waving his big blue leg but she was not impressed. A couple came out with a big bouncy boy who shoved his face at the dallie and moaned when she snapped - her owners didn't say anything - so I said to them 'I guess the clues in the short lead and muzzle' :(

Vets are pleased with Dex who now has a big red leg and enough tablets to keep Amy Winehouse happy for weeks :laugh:

Edited by chickentikka

Cheryl :GroupHug: you've had too much c*ap over the past few years, no wonder you can't be bothered, Dr Tiks prescribes lots of healing me mee meee time :flowers:

RMF My guinea pigs luffs me :wub: I found proper sweetcorn cobs tonight and they are munching away and chirruping in piggie heaven :wub:

My girls love the fibrous bits between the leaves and the cob and go wild for those eating them like spaghetti, a "proper" cob lasts ages, first they eat the outer leaves, then the fibres, then the corn, then they take a break :laugh: then they go back and finish off the bits of corn that "dried" and finally they gnaw on the cob itself which is good for their teeth.

Glad Refuge is back. Tried several times last night to get on.

RMF : My director rang me this morning to tell me one of my suppliers (workwear & PPE) had gone into administration. Cue much blue arsed fly-ness.

Which supplier? PM if you like? Might be one we use. :rolleyes:

Suzeanna, glad you had a nice holiday and got a good tan too. :biggrin: I am sure Rosie will settle down in a few days when she realises you are back to stay. :flowers: I would rather mine came back a bit podgy than skinny. At least I don't have to worry that they pined for me! :rolleyes:

CT, glad Dex is doing well. The vets is the worst place for people/dog hating stressed dogs. I have to hide Neo in a corner somewhere. I have been very outspoken to people that let their dogs pounce towards us when it is VERY obvious that I am trying my hardest to keep him away from everyone!

Cheryl, I think sometimes its actually very valuable time being on your own. You learn to be you again, not what someone else expects you to be. And you can do what you please, when you please. :wink: Its saves a lot of emotional energy at times! :flowers: Make the most of your time doing things that you like doing. Catch up with friends, have girlie nights in with a film, wine and chocolate/ice cream :biggrin:

Marge, glad you are feeling better and you dont have wonky hair. :GroupHug: Did you have it restyled or just a trim? Pics may be required :biggrin:

Di, how are you managing to pack with your dodgy shoulder? And did the strap to for wonky Di help any? :laugh:

Di, how are you managing to pack with your dodgy shoulder? And did the strap to for wonky Di help any? :laugh:

My brain is like mush, I forgot - was it any good or just too sweaty for words :laugh:

Having a poorly dawg is so draining, I think I only half sleep as I'm listening out for Dex all the time. I'm dead on my feet and Dex has gone to sleep so heading bedwards. NN fuggles :flowers:

Where the heck is everyone?:laugh:

I was in Barry Island for the day :biggrin:

Having a poorly dawg is so draining, I think I only half sleep as I'm listening out for Dex all the time. I'm dead on my feet and Dex has gone to sleep so heading bedwards. NN fuggles :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

My brain is like mush, I forgot - was it any good or just too sweaty for words :laugh:

Its been great for evenings when its cooler and I can pack without doing too much damage. its too hot for a hot day to wear for any length of time but perfect for cooler weather. Thanks :flowers:

Out of interest, would you prefer she came back a bit tubby or a bit skinny? A few of our customers comment on dogs weight gain, but I always assumed that was better than the dog or cat not eating enough and looking like they pined? As for the barking, apparently its something that stops again after a few days. A few customers say their dog never barks at home but they are riotously noisy when they are here. I assume its the fact other dogs are barking as well when in kennels.

Cliffy did neither, hiw weight stayed the same, and small dogs really

clap it on quick if your not careful, no extra barking either but the litte sod

definately didnt want to leave :rolleyes:

Marian & Dex :GroupHug:

Di's dad :GroupHug:

and everyone that could do with one :GroupHug:

No RMF's right now, Tessie's health is stable but her walks are getting shorter

as she struggles for breath a little more than she did, just hope it doesnt get too

bad too soon, she is my ickle girl, the only one in the house :wub:

Cliffy did neither, hiw weight stayed the same, and small dogs really

clap it on quick if your not careful, no extra barking either but the litte sod

definately didnt want to leave :rolleyes:

Ah yes but he was so adorable he was mithered to death by the staff all day. It didnt give him a chance to bark or put weight on and with such little legs, a walk down the lane and back wore him out :laugh:

I shall be waving off the contents of my house today as they go to storage. Tomorrow the builders take 1/3 of my roof off and break through the side so they can come and go without falling over the rotties

Oh I agree, a bit tubby is better than too thin but there's tubby and there's looking like a barrel with a foot at each corner! I specially added on the info I gave them about how much food they both have (we supplied the food) that if Rosie started looking rounder could they cut back the food drastically, and they obviously took no notice as there was barely any food left, and I sent more than necessary! Happy to say she is quietening down now, Rhum (visiting westie) barks enough on his own without her adding to it.

RMF...my very painful left forefinger which is swollen and barely moveable is worse since the doc gave me pills for what he thought might be gout. Drat! going to see him again late pm today, see what he comes up with next. I think it's my osteo arthritis in a knuckle joint, he says he thinks not. :wacko: