UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stage 2 of my fence plan has been implimetned (sp) :biggrin: just ordered my screening...wilkinsonplus.com have it on offer at the moment, just paid £9.97 for 2m high x 3m length brush screening... was thinking about just 1 metre high but they had sold out again :rolleyes: and i think it will look better full height. so hopefully this weekend we will be able to sort the fence again...... there will then be a 6ft6 wood panel fence (neighbours that is falling to peices) 6ft stock fencing...8ft reed screen and then brushwood screen, hopefully that will stop the little sh*tes looking through and throwing stuff at poor old diez :angry: figured it was better to spend £40 on fencing stuff than get arrested for beating the gits to death :laugh: they also had fence paint stuff for £3 for 5 litres..some of that may have found its way into my basket too :laugh:

Daisy found a mouse nest on our walk this morning, she was snorting about in the tuffty grass and had obviously found something as she was snorting in the grass and then darting away, I was worried she'd found a Sky Larks nest, but when I got there and hauled Spuds enormous melon out the way, there, tucked into the middle of the tussock, was a mouse nest complete with ickle baby mice wub.gif, we left them in peace, hopefully mouse mum won't have been scared away unsure.gif.

awww atleast Daisy didn't eat the mice :flowers: i was mortified last year when laney caught a mouse... when i went to the vet with it i eplained that laney had caught it and they were all in disbelief..they thought i meant the cat :rolleyes: they couldn't believe that laney hurt it :unsure:

i have furminated diez and the cat.... i was very suspect whether the furminators would A turn up B be crap or C break... for £12 inc delivery i got 2....i guess they would be fake but they do a brilliant job.... i got quite a bit of fur out of diez, a little of laney (who doesn't really moult) and god don't get me stated on the cat.. the little sod hates being groomed so i pinned him down, got half a cat out of him in 2 minutes and there is still tonnes to come :rolleyes: i just need to find a way that he can't slash me :laugh:

Just got back from my fourth driving lesson and am feeling very dejected mecry.gif

I ended up crying twice whilst out blush02.gif and then burst into tears when I got home. I really was trying my best, but my instructor thinks I'm not at all motivated and a bit of a wimp- crying certainly isn't going to have helped disprove that theory! Apparently I drive around 'like I've got a comfort blanket with me' blush02.gif

I'm not used to failing so am finding this really hard mecry.gif

I cried during numerous driving lessons and it took me 4 attempts to pass my test as I was a nervous wreck whenever a tester got in the car. It doesnt sounds like you are comfortable with the instructor. I wouldnt want to be taught by someone who put me down. My instructor was very patient with me. She needed a bloody medal sometimes especially the time before my last test where I burst into tears and begged for her to take me home. Hope you can find someone like that to help you gain your confidence :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Laura E, my driving instructor was the biggest tosser ever, he wouldn't even let me shut the car door...incase i slammed it :rolleyes: i had 3 lessons with him... i cancelled the rest, when some eejit tries to tell me what a clutch does and that i am wrong (i am a mechanic)they get their marching orders (i did make him eat humble pie by photocopying my works workshop manual and highlighting it :laugh: ) i found out that one of the lads at college ahd the same instructor and he had failed his test 4 times :ohmy: being a learner is exactly that..you are learning, you are not jenson button who will go haring here there and everywhere learning a new skill takes confidence and somebody berating you for being cautious won't help :( perhaps a change of instructor for someone with a gentler manner will help :flowers:

Afternoon on a very hot day. Phew!

Laura you need to change your driving instructor. I went through a few and spent a fortune. Wish I had the last one first as I would have sailed all the way through with her. She was fantastic. There are some really crap instructors out there.

:laugh: at Julia. If you watch any more look at the top of the screen as it gives the colours against the teams on the score line.

Hope Diez is ok. :GroupHug:

Sorry to hear your shoulder isn't good Di. Must be a nightmare :GroupHug:

Been in wall to wall meetings with supplier this morning :wacko: Was really pleased to escape about 10 minutes ago, only to be reminded that I have now got a conference call with a supplier at 2pm :rolleyes: Have emailed them to delay it by 15 minutes to give me a chance to grab some lunch.

Just got back from my fourth driving lesson and am feeling very dejected mecry.gif

I ended up crying twice whilst out blush02.gif and then burst into tears when I got home. I really was trying my best, but my instructor thinks I'm not at all motivated and a bit of a wimp- crying certainly isn't going to have helped disprove that theory! Apparently I drive around 'like I've got a comfort blanket with me' blush02.gif

It's only the fourth lesson, for goodness sake, what does this instructor expect? We aren't born with some kind of inbuilt driving ability in our genes. The instructor should be showing you how to improve and giving you confidence, not putting you down. Ditch the toxic driving instructor pronto and get a new one, or you are just wasting your time and money. :GroupHug: :flowers:

Get a different instructor. My first one was awful, he made me cry regularly and I felt physically sick at the thought of another lesson. I changed instructors and my new one was a star. We spent a couple of lessons rebuilding my confidence and with her I passed my test at the second attempt. I would never have passed if I'd remained with the first horrid one.

I agree Laura change instructers. My first one was a very nice chap but spent the whole time talking about himself and so I didn't learn anything, second one was really condesending and used to call me Mrs Rex all the time and was always touching the wheel to straighten me by about half an inch but he really undermined my confidence. Finally I found a fab lady, who was patient, made me laugh (especially if I did something horrendous) but she made me really enjoy driving. We both hugged the examiner when I passed :laugh:

sounds like everyone has had a dreadful experience with a driving instructor.

we are back from the vets...antibiotics..different painkillers and if no better in 7 days we restart the trocoxil early :) i am very relieved! the vet was giggling at the dogs taking it in turns and was pleased laney is feeling up to whizzing about :rolleyes: he gave me laneys fluid results too.....looks like normal cell changes so not his immune thing which is good in one way but means he has "proper" arthritis :( i have instructions that if i am worried he is whizzing like a nutter to half the dose of metacam. i would now very much like not to need to see the vet for at least a week :laugh: