June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greys mum i am really pleased for your daughter :flowers:

Jazz glad your mum feels a bit brighter

Merledogs.. thank goodness your neighbour was about... do your dogs bark at the door? mine do friend or foe they give you a right good barking at..i decided not to discourage it so people are well aware who lives in the house :laugh:

i thought the refuge was dead forever..i kept trying to get on even yesterday and it wouldn't let me :mecry: i was getting withdrawl symptoms :rolleyes: thanks for mending it Pingu :flowers:

i had a dreadful walk last night... i really am getting very fed up with inconsiderate dog owners..it is simple in my eyes if your dog doesn't do as it is told keep it on the lead..dead easy i thought but apparently the dog that was terrorising me and laney does do as it is told..ok so why when you are calling it does it keep having a pop at us and following us (i wouldn't normally call an animal it but i didn't notice if it was a boy or a girl)it seems that if you shout sorry that covers all sins... will it pay my vet when he hurts his already damaged leg? wish sorry would cover it! my lad is currently with my vet, could you keep everything crossed that they find out what is making his leg sore and that it is something simple and ideally cheap to remedy

Morning.

Chaos as usual here with a busy kennel day, plus a garden full of builders that my dogs would like to eat, possibly due to the awful singing going on :laugh: I have to start packing upstairs away into boxes and store stuff in a neat pile this week ready for when the roof comes off and the walls are knocked through. Its going to be one hell of a mess round here for the forseable :wacko:

Griff - thinking 'be nothing bad' thoughts for laney :GroupHug:

My dogs do bark at the door, but this youth didn't knock, he just stood there listening. My fear is if they did break in they might hurt the dogs or leave the door open in their haste to get out and then the dogs would get out

Griff - thinking 'be nothing bad' thoughts for laney :GroupHug:

My dogs do bark at the door, but this youth didn't knock, he just stood there listening. My fear is if they did break in they might hurt the dogs or leave the door open in their haste to get out and then the dogs would get out

my 2 can see through the front door inot the porch so even if somebody just stands there they can tell (we have a windsor door with that funny mottled glass then the porch)i don't know if it would be a good idea or not but could you put one of those caution dogs running free notices by your front door? we have one on the back to stop the kids next door opening the gate.

i am starting to panic now about laney... i know he will be well taken care of but i amdreading them finding something wrong with him.... i hope heis just being a baby and playing on his leg :unsure:

Edited by griff

Morning on this lovely not working day :biggrin:

Have just got back from the garage with my car that passed it's mot. Brake pads going thin so they will need doing soon though.

Hope you get good news for Laney. It's awful when you really don't need other dogs bounding up to you. People can be so thick. :GroupHug:

Sadly we were burgled by teenagers as a dare because we had dogs in the home. Make sure you have damn good locks on all doors and windows. Never go out and leave a window open, however small you have it open. You would be surprised the tiny gap people can get through.

Helly what are you having done?

I've spent the weekend digging and heaving stuff around in the garden. Have a bit more to do then one patch will be finished.

My sister was burged by three teenagers who saw them packing their car and driving off on holiday.

They came back at midnight.

None of their windows opened as the previous owner of the house had painted them shut :rolleyes:

But, they jemmied open a small window at the front of the house with a screwdriver and the smallest climbed in and then opened the door.

they smoked cigarettes and stubbed them out on the wood floor and drank the booze in the sideboard.

They got sheets from the airing cupboard and filled them with goodies, then dragged them to their hideout- passed one house, across the main road, down through a field, through the back fence and across the garden to an empty house where they stashed it under the floor boards. Anything movable was taken- iron, toaster, kettle, stereo, radio , jewellery etc. They also took food and tins out of the cupboards.

When the police arrived the tv was in the middle of the room. obviously next to go.

They were caught because the householder living next to the empty house complained to the police that there were boys going in and out of the house.

The police arrived and found the booty. The police dogs followed the trail back from there to my sister's house.

The youngest- 13 years old confessed, The other two were 15 years old and 18 years old. The 18 year old was on the run from Borstal, hence the food.

The police gave her back her kettle( you might need this) but the rest of the stuff was retained for months as evidence until the trial.

Unfortunately, although my dog raise merry hell when someone comes to the door when we are in, they do not bark when we are not in- no point, there is nobody to tell.

Funny that as one of the teenagers that burgled us was supposed to be in care at the time. Our lot came from a family of thieves so just copied their parents sadly. They smashed a glass panel in our front door and forced the crappy old lock. I have to be thankful that they did actually close the hall door so when we returned home our dogs were still in the rooms we left them in. Our old Vizsla was in the room they entered which leads through that door and out the front. I'm thankful to this day that he would have just let the lad come in so wouldn't be hurt and the 2 terriers were in a different room. They actually were quite traumatised afterwards.

Good to see the board back - but all my icons are missing, is that the same for everyone?

Found out about the yapping dog - I foresee me calling someone if things end up the way I suspect they might. Basically the screaming child I have mentioned many times has a behavioural problem, hence the screaming tantrums etc. he's quite a handful *sighs* the dog is a very young Weimaraner puppy and he's been bought by this childs parents and arrived last Sunday which is the day I first heard it yapping. The reason I know all this is because the parents held a loud and rowdy BBQ in the garden Saturday complete with screaming child and barking dog and proceeded to top both of those noise makers by yelling their conversations at the guests over the din and thus informing all the rest of us living in the street all about it. :rolleyes: The pup clearly has anxiety issues (and I'm not ruddy surprised tbh) it's shut out of the house around 6am and let back in sometime after 9am (I've left for work by then so no idea what time it stops) around 6:30am the child joins the pup and proceeds to bark at the poor pup louder and louder trying to drown him out followed by screaming "SHUTTTTT UPPPPPPP" at the top of his lungs. The same proceedure is repeated around 5pm and again around 10pm (without the child) the poopr pup barks/yaps continuously the entire time desperate for attention or to be let back inside. On the occassion of the BBQ the pup was shut inside the house barking its head off the entire time whilst several adults and about a half dozen kids played in the paddling pool and sat around talking, The poor thing is just desperate for attention and their response is to just shut it in or out and ignore it for hours on end. :mecry: :mad: I suspect I know how this story is going to end :(

Asside from that we had a busy & productive weekend, we went to see a mortgage bloke, whilst we are not yet able to think of buying (job must come first) and we wouldn't use this guy anyway as he wasnt whole of market or independant we thought we'd see what the lay of the land was and came away much happier having been shown several mortgage deals we'd qualify for "in theory" several of which would allow us to have a 25 year term! :biggrin: So thats a huge relief.

merledogs...what about suggesting leaving drinks?

snow glad to hear about your mortgage news but not glad to hear the noise is continuing..our noisy neighbours ahve an addition :rolleyes: god alone knows why...i am hoping the addition is a holiday guest as i have one dog too scared to go in the garden and the other is convinced we are being invaded :rolleyes: he is getting better at quiet on command :biggrin:

i have called the vets i am off to see the vet at 5.10 and i hope to god there is nothing major up with him.... i bet the stoopid dog will have done something to his newly mended leg :rolleyes:

Arhie is in the doghouse today (actually my house is the dog house cos it's just me and them), he leapt up, and grabbed my chicken roll, expertly removed the chicken and spat out the roll and ran off before i could stop him.

You would not believe how hard it is to run after him and tell him off when you are laughing at his cheek...

he is now being ignored, so has started his special whiney bark :rolleyes:

Also I have just had a can of ice cold ginger ale - so nice