UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm particpating in a score for more competition within the villages to raise money for Help For Heros - its a £5 entry and we had to select 1 team per group to follow in the WC :laugh: - the person with the most goals at the end of the WC will win £150 theres 3 top prizes and even the person who comes last will get £22 - I didn't select England as one of mine to follow so I have Spain, Argentina, Portugal, Chile & Japan still left in it and I tipped Spain or Brazil to win outright for the tie breaker. I'm currently 19th out of 88 :laugh:

Morning :wavey:

Busy, busy, busy! work is still manic, did a stall at a charity dog show at the weekend for Labrador Rescue, been up to the hospital most evenings as my mum was admitted last week. She'd had a histerectomy but 3 days after coming home was very jaundiced so went back in on Wednesday last week. She's had to wait for scans, xrays and MRI and even though she's not on any medication etc, had to stay in all weekend :unsure:

Hope everyone in Fugeeland is well :flowers:

morning. My builders are doing the underpinning of my house foundations. It would appear my house doesnt actually have any foundations :laugh: Two layers of brick on a clay floor. Its stood for 300 years so I guess they really did build em to last :laugh:

:GroupHug: Wendy - hope your mam is ok. Parents are such a worry at times. Im sure its revenge for our teenage years :laugh:

Good thoughts for Mummybert and Diez.

So far today no one has rung to ask me to do anything, the girls are both very chilled and quiet, I am happy because I no longer own half a bullmastiff ... but there is a little voice whispering in my ear that this is all too good to last.

:wavey: hello everyone

not been online much, but I wanted to tell you about the fab time I had at the Le Mans 24 hour race! It was so good its taken two weeks to wipe the grin from my face :laughingsmiley:

While we were there we met up with some lovely folks from another forum I'm a member of, very good company. During the meet up they did a bit of fundraising for the armed forces charity, I'm pleased to say almost £800 was raised in a couple of hours!

It looks like saving like mad to go again next year!

Edited by Lizzie

Good thoughts for Mummybert and Diez.

So far today no one has rung to ask me to do anything, the girls are both very chilled and quiet, I am happy because I no longer own half a bullmastiff ... but there is a little voice whispering in my ear that this is all too good to last.

thankyou for the good wishes for diez..she is seeing the vet tomorrow night... i am sick and tired of the animals being ill...i have given up looking at my bank statement now :rolleyes:

bet your peace won't last for long..... your phone will ring and it will be non stop!

Lizzie glad you had a nice time at le mans :flowers:

i have just smashed my hand whilst modifying the fence :rolleyes: getting the edge of your index finer between a hammer and metal fence post is not clever and results in much blood..pain and swearing :laugh: that is stage one of keeping next doors dog well away from mine complete :biggrin: stage 2 will require help.....don't know why they don't just replace their rotten old fence..it's falling to pieces :angry:

Now when the Refuge went off line I had things to say and questions to ask.

Now I have forgot all!

'Odd' things happening at work - my boss (who will stay as my boss) is changing her role on Thursday - which means some of her current work will be forbidden to her (the joys of working for a German company with a hankering for matrix structures). I may have been asked to take on what she's not allowed to do, and I may be ever so slightly interested - and I'm darn sure I'll receive no extra pennies for it - but the challenge could be good. Meanwhile I'm having to tiptoe all around the department whilst everyone goes "I wonder who will be doing this part of the work come Thursday?"!

Tigger is taking part in a University research project again, which started last night - as it involves bucket loads of food, he's more than happy. And he did rather fall in love with a stuffed toy dog at a distance of 13 feet, which amused me greatly!

Off to buy tickets for the Waddington Air Show.