UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Was Six Year Old Mastiff

lester

Lester, I don't think you can have looked at dogsblog. It's not a list of rescues, it's a list of dogs. I'm pretty sure it has far more people wanting to adopt dogs looking at it than Dogpages, which is a forum which seems to have an enormous number of banned users, and unlike Dogsblog has no links with print publications and commercial partners to bring in extra visitors, so doesn't have that broad presence that comes with promotion and advertising.

I know for a fact that Dogsblog gets more adopters than the Oldies Club site, anyway, and I'd be surprised if it had fewer adopters (not visitors who want to chat about dogs, but people who actually want to adopt one) than any other UK resource, except possibly the Dogs Trust and RSPCA websites.

Kathy, I'm sorry Dharma falls between two stools in age terms, but I'm sure you can appreciate that Oldies must draw a line somewhere. I wish you and Dharma the best.

I am sorry to start a new topic but the old one was closed before i could reply

I cant really make out what you are saying

I have done a lot with Dogsblog and have NEVER seen a non -rescue or private rehoming on it it I may be wrong. I realise they are all dogs ,I can see the clue in the name.

I dont think in this case we anyone is looking for quantity I maintain what I said Dog pages do have quite a few private homings there is a special section.

My point is that do seem to get interest from those that are willing to take on dogs that have special requirements laid down by the owners that some may find difficult to appreciate-- hence my example. Whay we are looking for in this case is a person willing to go the extra mile not just a whole host of people that want evrything done for them and made easy.

Not commenting on the content of the post above but would it be possible to change the name of this thread to reflect the topic of conversation rather than confusing people. Dharma is not looking for a new home any more. I asked for the thread to be locked to reflect this. I do understand you have questions and not knocking that at all, just wanted to make it clear this thread isn't about Dharma. :flowers:

Sorry but I'm closing this - Lester the original thread was closed at Kathys request, this is also a section that is for private rehoming only it's not a discussion forum.

Moreover I'm not exactly thrilled that you have chosen to open a thread here to sing the praises of another fourm - that alone is bad form without first discussing it with a staff member but the fact that the forum you are praising happens to be Dogpages really takes the ruddy biscuit - just you try even mentioning The Refuge over there and just see what happens - but be warned if you want to stay a member over there then I wouldn't risk it ...

As was clearly pointed out in Kathys original thread there are many members and rescues here who are banned from Dogpages most of them for no other reason than the fact that they are members here, that also happens to apply to Kathy herself so she wouldn't be allowed to post Dharma there.

We don't ban or censor reference to them but I'll be damned if I allow you to come here and sing their praises without all the facts being brought into play and since we have been down that road many many times (maybe you should look for previous threads on the subject) then I'm closing this thread before we end up going over the same ground again.