UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sammy Moves On.

GoldenOldie

Little Sammy, my first foster for Oldies, went to her new home on Monday. She has come out of her shell in the last few weeks from a 'frozen', sad little old lady to a happy character with quite a feisty personality. Her new family will be carrying on the process of her rehabilitation and in the meantime there is definitely a Sammy shaped gap in my life!

I've fostered before but not for Oldies Club and it has been a very positive experience. Even the senior partner in my vet's practice was interested in the Club and wanted to know what percentage of oldies are rehomed. Any ideas?

My dog walker fell in love with her and is now interested in searching the website when her current oldie passes on.

Sally.

Yay, well done little Sammy!

What percentage of oldies are rehomed? hmm, difficult! I'm not sure we record that. Might be able to work it out though.

I guess the percentage would be down a bit this year because we've had so many dogs came in in poor condition and had to be sponsor dogs, plus the odd one like poor Sham who was ill and never even got a

foster home :( . Obviously the target would be all of them!