UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Darling Merlin

Mrs Mop

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vet phoned, it isn't looking good, his creatin levels are up even though he has been on a drip for so long, he is sitting up watching what is going on which is a good sign. They are trying to chase up some blood tests that haven't come back, Adam the consultant phoned in this morning and has been told about Merlin, he may have a kidney infection which only these blood tests will show but they have been pumping him with antibiots since he went in yesterday.

Rachel the vet who phoned isn't very hopefully but did say that a lot can happen in the next 24 hours and asked if she could have this to see if there is an improvement. Of course I said yes, I don't want him suffering but he has to have a chance if there is one and he isn't suffering at the moment, if he does start to suffer they will contact me.

I did speak with Mrs Mop earlier and she had just heard from the vet. Merlin was fast asleep. His urine output had increased but apart from that he is no better but no worse. The results still hadn't come back so no one knows if there is some kind of infection. All anyone can do tonight is wait and see.

I phoned the vet when I got up a 7am, there is no change, it took 2 of them to give him a small walk so he could toilet, they have a towel round his middle in case he falls. He is still refusing to eat, this is unheard of with Merlin, he even refused roast chicken.

I just need to wait for the vet to phone after the ward rounds this morning, hopefully they don't have many animals in so they will be over quicker.

The vet phoned just after 9am, she is very worried about Merlin, his protein levels are low, they can give this by infusion but it may not do any good. He is on a drip to keep him hydrated but if they put too much in it will take the protein much lower, it is a very fine balance.

He is still not eating so I have been there to try and get him to eat, he love sardines, mackeral, tuna etc but wouldn't eat any of this either, I have left them there for him. He even refused Reiki which isn't good.

Shona the vet came to talk to me to discuss how much they can do, they like me thing he isn't going to pull through but as he is comfortable and not in pain, they are giving him another 24 hours. He did perk up a little after I got there but not a lot. I think he has given up and wants to join Joe and Gracie, if that is what he wants, then I will let him.

Edited by Mrs Mop