UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reddish Marks On Front Legs,

Pendlewitch

Jumble always has these marks on his legs in varying degrees, they are sort of rusty red and can be dampish, there is no sign of any cuts, rashes etc. I've looked in his mouth, thinking bleeding gums but no signs. He's been to the beauty parlour today and came back beautiful and smelling gorgeous but still has the marks. I am puzzled to say the least, if he didn't have white legs I wouldn't see anything so probably not doing any harm but what on earth are they? Any thoughts most welcome! :)

Not the greatest pic, but is it similar to this (on Sky's front legs at the wrist joint, and also between his toes - the fur on the bottom half of his legs should all be white )?:

IMG_0543.jpg

If it is, with Sky, it comes from licking at his fur.  With Sky, it is caused by allergies - we think to grass.  He's fine in the winter, but starts the licking again in the spring and all through the summer.

My old Sprollie got these when he got arthritis in hin knees as he was licking we think as they were sore. Definately a sign that something might not be quite right with him either physically or emotionally (stress) flowers.gif

Um, this is food for thought,Jumble is a stressy, high energy dog and is seriously gobby, when I think about it he has been even rowdier of late if that's possible for Jumble :biggrin: He does have dodgy hips which don't seem to stop him behaving like a Tigger but at 10 years old I suppose there could be arthritis setting in and of course not just his hips! Maybe a vet check is the next step.

Probably not much help, but our one collie lad has one upper fang missing, so there's nothing to guide his upper lip down into place, so it is curled up a lot of the time.

This makes a wet place just on the edge of his upperlip where the fur starts. As a result, when he's been lying down there's often a pink patch on his leg underneath from slight dribble basically, no licking having taken place.

...not to be left out....our other collie boy has nothing wrong that the vet can find, but licks his right knee!wacko.gif ...no pink marks tho.

Sully gets red patches on his white bits where he chews at his joints, but also higher up where he rests his head on his legs, and the drool pools while he sleeps. It must be something in his saliva that causes the discoloration.