UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If There Was A Book Written About The Dogstar Story

I love that pic too and it's one I always think of when I think of Dogstar wub.gif

I have no advice with the book other than maybe getting hold of those in a similar genre and reading and making notes of what you like and don't like about them.

I used to have a book (really useful I know rolleyes.gif ) about a woman who set up a project with gorillas in (I think) Rwanda, possibly in conjunction with Howletts, but I gave it to a charity shop as I was so annoyed with what she did and how she did it!! But it was a pretty good template of writing a tru life type story. If I could remember anything about it I'd try and find it online!!

I love that pic too and it's one I always think of when I think of Dogstar wub.gif

I have no advice with the book other than maybe getting hold of those in a similar genre and reading and making notes of what you like and don't like about them.

I used to have a book (really useful I know rolleyes.gif ) about a woman who set up a project with gorillas in (I think) Rwanda, possibly in conjunction with Howletts, but I gave it to a charity shop as I was so annoyed with what she did and how she did it!! But it was a pretty good template of writing a tru life type story. If I could remember anything about it I'd try and find it online!!

Was it Dian Fossey? There was a film about her too, wasn't there? Gorillas in the Mist?

Has anyone read 'A Friend like Henry', it should be a good book, the story of an autistic boy and how his dog made the break through to get him to communicate. I bought it about 2 years ago and have only just got round to finishing it because the author (the kids mum) is such an up her own a*se, annoying, self centered bitch. Read that one Sam for a how not to! :biggrin:

Edited by chickentikka

I've always wanted to type a book, not write it just type it :biggrin:

I think it would make a great book, how an ordinary (no offence Sam :flowers: ) person did these extraordinary things. Photos would be a definite, not only of the animals but also of the unusual things you see there, which would add a sense of humour and make the book more appealing.

And Sirius would have to feature a lot lol

• 4 months later...

Brilliant idea, how about funding givenyou'll probably do it for Dogstar? :GroupHug:

I am hoping that if i can get it written and published ( even self published ) that we would be able to make some money for Dogstar as a result

I am also thinking of some children's stories

really should go and get that notebook and start jotting down ideas biggrin.gif