UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Consultation

The author must be a fan of Coventry's infamous planning surveys. ( 50,000 in favour--against 10---- there were no cards and no box for the no votes )

However we have elections coming up. I need a questionaairre that can be sent of to all candidates... espc th eembedded antidog taliban.

We emailed Defra and asked them just that, same for Northern Ireland, but they haven't replied as yet, let you know if they do :)

from Defra Animal Welfare Team:

Thank you for your email. I will try and answer the points you make in turn.

1. Firstly I would stress that the survey is simply one way of responding and is in no way favoured above any other form of response. We created the survey as we anticipated a large number of responses and thought a survey would be an easier way for some respondents to tell us their views. It also saves paper.

2. Responses in the post or by email are equally valid and there is no need to fill in the survey on a paper copy. A letter noting their views is equally valid as a response.

3. We have created a mechanism on the survey to prevent individuals filling it in more than once (unless they register on it with different email addresses). Therefore, we would not encourage people to fill in the survey and send in a written response. If you feel you cannot adequately express your views using the survey, please respond to the consultation in writing or by email.

4. Anybody can complete the survey or respond to the consultation, regardless of where they live, there is no block on the IP address according to location. However, the consultation only applies to dangerous dogs in England and Wales.