UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Consultation

it has come to our (various advisory groups) attention that some people are confused by the way some of the questions on the questionnaire are written in particular question 11 which reads

Do you think removing the exemption introduced by the 1997 amendment would allow a more effective enforcement of the current dangerous dogs legislation?

The exemption introduced by the 1997 amendment is NOT a removal of banned breeds or types it is the removal of the option to be able register banned types meaning that all dogs deemed type would be destroyed

If you have misunderstood the question and have already submitted your questionnaire please contact defra and ask for advice on how to address the issue.

And if you are unsure of the meaning of any of the questions prior to submitting please contact one of the various advisory groups eg Bull Breed Advisory Service, Deed Not Breed, DDA Watch or EDDR and we will do our best to answer any questions you have.

i think i answered no to that one...was that right?? to be honest i found it quite a crap questionaire.. you didn't really get chance to explain things. some of the questions were very misleading indeed :mad:

if you want dogs to still be able to be registered then its right :flowers:

yes the questions are very misleading

Had a good chat with Trevor Cooper, the national dog warden association and Roger Mugford over the crufts days.

as this is now open to public consultation ANYONE is entitled to voice their opinion. if you have any views on the dda and the proposed amendments its highly advised that you respond - you can bet that the anti dog brigade will be doing so

I will have a chat with the mels over the next few days to see if we can put together a template response for those who want to respond.

Had a good chat with Trevor Cooper, the national dog warden association and Roger Mugford over the crufts days.

as this is now open to public consultation ANYONE is entitled to voice their opinion. if you have any views on the dda and the proposed amendments its highly advised that you respond - you can bet that the anti dog brigade will be doing so

I will have a chat with the mels over the next few days to see if we can put together a template response for those who want to respond.

thanks, it would be helpful :flowers: i do still want dogs to be added so at least i answered that one right :biggrin: it was dead confusing and almost seemed designed to trip you up :huh:

Typical Defra consultation questionaire. Poorly thought out and drafted.

NDWA members are doing their own individual responses and then we are going to collate an Association response.

Despite tackling the Defra Dogs representative about the NDWA being constantly ignored and receiving an apology and promise that we would be added to future lists, old habits die hard and we have been left off again.

Do you think they already know our stance? !

Does anyone know if us up in Scotland can have input? I know we have different legislation in the offing, but would like to add my weight to this if possible.

We emailed Defra and asked them just that, same for Northern Ireland, but they haven't replied as yet, let you know if they do :)

as far as i am told, as the legislation will relate only to england and wales thje consultation will also only apply here.

im in the process of doing an easy to understand version of the questions for people to decide for themselves on how they answer, but a template i feel would be rightly seen as us imposing our views on others which we have no intention of doing.

am out tomorrow but will try to post when i get home. i think allie and amanda have also simplified things on dda watchs blog for anyone who needs to know now :flowers:

Edited to add

dave helloooooo, we have missed you so much :flowers:

im in the process of doing an easy to understand version of the questions for people to decide for themselves on how they answer, but a template i feel would be rightly seen as us imposing our views on others which we have no intention of doing.

:flowers: that would be helpful.. i admit i am not a genius but i am not thick either but some of those questions..... very difficult :unsure:

i agree that the questions are very misleading with some like the do you agree with control notices one being impossible to answer as they do not explain what they would entail :wacko:

how can anyone say if they agree with something without knowing whats involved :unsure: