UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

I have finally given in and bought new house phones as my old ones had stopped displaying the caller Id and were beeping at me after about 5 mins use, battery change didn't help them so I declared them dead and bit the bullet and toddled off to Argos whilst nog was having his xrays to get new ones. Argos didn't have my 1st, 2nd 3rd or even 9th 10th 11th choice of replacements rolleyes.gif so I took a chance on some Panasonic ones hoping that they would allow me to transfer calls between handsets and work as an intercom - and luckily they do, however .......... it has taken me several hours much swearing and frustrated ranting to translate the setting up instructions that were written in pure loonspud wacko.gif I managed to figure it out in the end and finally have them set up & working next time though I am definately paying the extra for the phonebook sharing option I do not wanna go thru all that readding of numbers onto 2 phones again.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.gif

I'm stupidly pleased that other Fugee's have the same taste in punk/new wave biggrin.gif. I'm going to "Youtube" The Damned....Dave Vanian wub.gif, I went to see them live a few times, they were very good, seen Siouxsie and the Banshee's too, but they were poop live, Strangler's were excellent.

Those were the days, living in Bristol was good as loads of bands came and they used to play little venues rather than the stadium tours of today. I can remember seeing the Clash, the Stranglers, Johnny Thunder & the New York Dolls. Tom Petty, Dr Feelgood (that's a blast from the past must go to iTunes), the Jam, the Specials, the Selector, Ian Dury, Billy Idol :wub: and the Sex Pistols. I saw Simple Minds as a supporting act to someone back in the 1800's :laugh: I also saw Bruce Springsteen in about 1980, he was gooood.

I am currently loving the Gaslight Anthem. I just think this is fantastic

btw I had a lovely phone call from my trustee who said his wife had discovered him crying with laughter at his computer, she read my email and that set her off, they'd had the stupid giggles all day. There's a meeting next week, and he told me he wasn't sitting anywhere he could get eye contact with me as that would set him off.

Edited by chickentikka

Good News, Brother is on the mend and will be home soon.. I have made an appointment with his doctor for smoking cessitation next thursday lol.. and told him if he doesnt go i will get a giant baby reign and drag him their kicking and screaming.. :biggrin:

Aunty Dotty.. still very poorly in hospital...

Todays call was hubbys best mate dad has passed away.. Im dreading tommorrow :wacko: never known a time like this..

Anyway roll on next week and hopefully it will be better than this bobbins week :rolleyes:

Good news is Fezzi is all better now, thank god.. I loves me little Wabbit.. dont like seeing him ill and not bouncing around..

If any rescues have got Staffie Pups in ping me have persuaded a associate to have a rescue rather than buying one, shes in newport s wales, will travel, will have homechek etc etc.. nice family..

:GroupHug: to everyone with poorly pets

:GroupHug: to everyone who is poorly

:GroupHug: for everyone else who has listened to me moaning all week :ohmy:

And I am doing really well been veggie, discovered new foods etc, love it.. not missing meat.. although on first day was doing my shop and nearly bought a chicken and bacon salad and then went and put it back :laugh: Hubby says he will go veggie as well, but i dont want to force him to, so we compromised for time been, he likes some of my quorn mince dishes and hes going to do it gradually :biggrin:

Me Snowwwwws gone :(

Those were the days, living in Bristol was good as loads of bands came and they used to play little venues rather than the stadium tours of today.

Salford Uni used to be fab for having lots of bands on. Do you remember SLF and the Undertones as well? Showing our age now rolleyes.gif

Glad to see there are other Fugees of discerning musical taste biggrin.gif

Morning :tired: Thank feck it's Friday.

Those were the days, living in Bristol was good as loads of bands came and they used to play little venues rather than the stadium tours of today. I can remember seeing the Clash, the Stranglers, Johnny Thunder & the New York Dolls. Tom Petty, Dr Feelgood (that's a blast from the past must go to iTunes), the Jam, the Specials, the Selector, Ian Dury, Billy Idol :wub: and the Sex Pistols. I saw Simple Minds as a supporting act to someone back in the 1800's :laugh: I also saw Bruce Springsteen in about 1980, he was gooood.

Simple Minds were the support band for The Alarm.... :laugh:

I am currently loving the Gaslight Anthem. I just think this is fantastic

btw I had a lovely phone call from my trustee who said his wife had discovered him crying with laughter at his computer, she read my email and that set her off, they'd had the stupid giggles all day. There's a meeting next week, and he told me he wasn't sitting anywhere he could get eye contact with me as that would set him off.

Being in Edinburgh we didn't get that many band's, did see Tom Petty in Glasgow, one of the best gig's I've been too, but the very best gig was Elvis Costello, he had a huge wheel on stage with the titles to his songs on it, he'd get someone up from the audience to spin the wheel and choose a song, they then had to go into the "gogo" cage and dance laugh.gif.

Tom Waites was another brilliant one, there was him, an armchair, a piano and a standard lamp.

What about Magazine , Dead Kennedy's, Angelic Upstart's, Echo and the Bunnymen ?

There's a few band's I apparently went to see, although I have no recollection unsure.gif, serves me right for all those "experiments" whistle.gif

Salford Uni used to be fab for having lots of bands on. Do you remember SLF and the Undertones as well? Showing our age now rolleyes.gif

Glad to see there are other Fugees of discerning musical taste biggrin.gif

Yup, remember those two, wasn't really into SLF, dunno why, my friend was mad keen on them, they played Edinburgh just a few month's ago. Undertones were excellent.

Another grey day here.

morning folks, woke up to another nasty email on FB from ex's new trollop saying I will not be getting any money when the house sells - hmmmm, ok, luv. I have forwarded it onto his mum asking if she can kindly put a stop to it.

The house will be going up for sale soon, can't wait!

Molly's first intermediate flyball comp tomorrow - eek! x