UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Big Garden Birdwatch

Karen

I'll do it later but I know how it'll read, sparrow, sparrow, sparrow, sparrow, sparrow, sparrow, sparrow, oh look and another sparrow :laugh:

Mine is usually like that with starlings as well as sparrows however today I had: Starlings-5 Sparrows-4 Magpie-1 Blackbird-1 and Robin-1 :biggrin: I have never had a Robin before!

I probably had more sparrows & starlings but they say to count the biggest group at any one time

Did mine and had good results,the area is open space in front of my house with a stream running through.I have 8 feeders hanging in the trees so didn't get all these in my garden :laugh:

Blackbird 6

Blue tit 2

Carrion crow 5

Chaffinch 17

Collared dove 2

Goldfinch 8

Robin 1

Starling 4

Woodpigeon 3

Brambling 5

Common gull 3

Great spotted woodpecker 1

Herring gull 3

Treecreeper 1

Last week there were about 25 bramblings eating the seed but not this morning.There was also a kingfisher sat on a branch over the stream but didn't count him.A pleasant way to do the ironing on a Sunday morning,watching the variety of birds I have visiting.But not a single sparrow,rarely see them on the feeders but my neighbour 2 doors down has plenty in their back garden.

I did mine yesterday afternoon and didn't see a single sparrow, greenfinch or ring-necked parakeet. In fact it was a bit quiet and not many of anything appeared.

Here's my list

Blue tit 2

Wood pigeon 5

Collared dove 6

Blackbird 3

Chaffinch 1

Magpie 2

Coal tit 1

Starling 1

Robin 1

Goldfinch 2

Redpoll 3 (this was really exciting as we've never seen one in the garden before!)

Edited by Karen