UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Creative Grooming

Fee

Makes you wonder what goes on in folks heads sometimes! I reckon they have nothing better to think about but I feel sorry for the dogs. I'm sure it must have some effect on them and on their reactions to each other. Just hope it doesn't move over here but I'm sure it will as we already seem to copy a lot of the 'dressing up' stuff they do over there. I have never put anything except a raincoat on any of my dogs and I hope I will never be tempted to take away their dignity in that way.

(Sorry, title should have read craze in the US, not UK but I can't edit it. I don't *think* this particular craze has caught on here yet, thank goodness)

Creative Grooming

Unbelievable - what humiliations will people inflict on their dogs next? ohmy.gif

When I went to Groomer of the year when I was a new groomer back in 1995/6 They were doin this then, but not as extreme, but the styling and dying of coats has been going on here for quite a while. There is a groomer not far from me called Heidi who's Standard Poodle Charlton has been on tv ads etc for years, he has been dyed like all the time, when I lived in East London and I was a teenager, there was a petshop in Hackney and the owner was always in the local paper with her dyed Poodles on the front cover.

I personally would not (even if I knew how) do this to a dog, I can see the artisticy side of it, the cruelest bit is making the dog wait around so long :unsure: Does the dog feel humiliated, I don't know :unsure: This has been also going on bigtime in Japan and China, there are regular grooming parlours who dye Poodles and Bichons everyday. When I was taking Edie to dog training classes, there was a couple with 2 dyed toy poodles there, not for me :D

My employer from about 15 or 20 years ago had two poodles who were clipped by the poodle parlour up the road from me, the groomer won a "groomer of the year" award by dying one of them in the colours of a union jack :(

Rabbits are still commonly dyed pastel colours in the US for sale at Easter :mad:

Very artistic, very funny to look - but they are animals and I do feel sorry for them. Surely the companionship and time spent on and with them could still be done without the need to play dress up!

ETA and so like the 2year old in The Sunday Times magazine today in their make-up and dress up for beauty pageants.

Edited by murtle

Haven't bothered look at the link to be honest but there was a thread like this on DP recently & personally I reckon these people ought to buy themselves a doll (instead of using their dog like one) & let their dogs remain as nature intended them to be. glare.gif

I always wanted a pink poodle :mecry:

When youinger we had a old english that loved being groomed and played with and would sit for hours whilst you played with her coat so she had a full coat and we did, the next oes we had hated to be groomed so she was clipped right back. I dont think if the dogs likes the human contact its really wrong, I can think of worse things people do to animal