Woke up this morning to find everything under several inches of fluffy snow:

3-22.jpg

4-14.jpg

5-16.jpg

6-11.jpg

7-8.jpg

P10203251.jpg

P10203241.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen snow like this in Manchester before wacko.gif Still coming down heavily and if you stand out in it you get soaked within minutes. Dogs love it of course wub.gif

What on earth must it be like in other places if we've got it this bad? unsure.gif

Add your pics here...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just had about an inch down here in Cornwall - it's stopped now, but the sky has that heavy look to it. Think I'll leave it a bit before I start rushing about with brooms, looks like there could be more on the way.

Our local weather forecast last night warned of frost on the Scillies! It never gets frosty down there! :unsure:

We've had several inches here. Started late afternoon apparently and hasn't stopped since. I'm stuck at home as we can't get Martyn's Frontera started. He's walked in. I'm guessing I won't be the only person in work that hasn't made it in. I can't get hold of anyone at the moment to tell them. :unsure:

Goodness, look at all that snow! We don't have that much yet, but it's still falling.

Mark couldn't get his S2000 started, but to be honest I think I'm happier with him driving my Saab in this sort of weather, it's a lot heavier and he won't be tempted to go too fast. He's gone into Plymouth for a haircut, I hope he can get home again!

Helly, you may hate your snow, but I can see that someone thinks it's really rather good for striking dramatic poses in front of! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Hardly anybody has made it into work. The journey in, even though it's only a few miles, was eventful and took me ages. Lots of people were abandoning cars and walking and lorries were breaking down in the middle of the road, which made some roads impassable. Others were sliding all over the place. I've never been so pleased to have 4 wheel drive!

We are only staying until lunchtime and then going home to work from home this afternoon.

Spoke too soon, as it started snowing heavily just after I posted. We are pretty well stranded, as although we are on a main road, we are at the very top of a long steep hill. If I drove anywhere I might not get back up the hill, and I can't road walk a boingy dog on that surface. So it's chucking snowballs in the back garden for our exercise today. Probably about 1000 of them!

I called the insulation people to suggest another date if they can't get to me tomorrow. Discovered that not only do they have no appointment for me on their books, but they have no record of ever coming to my house to do an assessment and no record of me having a grant. As far as they are concerned I don't exist :unsure: Luckily my copy of the assessor's report was to hand so I could give them the surveyor's name and number. They are now trying to solve the mystery. Good thing I called them today. I bet the data-eating cybergoblins had my file as a tasy snack :angry:

Sending a big :GroupHug: to Fugees up north who have much more snow to contend with than we do. Although by tomorrow we may be in similar case :rolleyes:

It started snowing here just before eight...got heavier and heavier..and has only just slackened off! unfortunately my OH left for work at 6.30! :ohmy: I've been listening to the local radio reports and the centre of town seems to be gridlocked, with many of the roads out blocked by abandoned cars and lorries! He phoned earlier and said they've told him he can come home, but he doesn't know what to do...come now, and risk it getting worse, or leave it until 3.30 when he should leave and hope it's improved by then!If it's this bad in Chesterfield, heaven help the High Peak!

Rosie cav loves it, she wants to go out in the garden all the time and runs about like a lunatic :laugh: