UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone In Rayleigh/Hadleigh Area Of Essex?

Ruthi (borrowadog)

My M-i-L lives in Thundersley, near the common. She has a fat old collie who is a private rescue, and is getting on herself. Buster is in grave need of a visit to a groomer, and then the vet.

I need recommendations for both groomers who can ideally pick up and drop off. Buster has a dense coat, and undercoat, and doesn't much like his paws or his back end being fiddled with. M-i-L is a bit afraid he might bite, although I doubt he would, but a competent groomer would have no trouble. He needs a bath, all that undercoat raking out, the mats at his back end seeing too, and a bit of a manicure.

When he's looking decent and not so neglected, he'll need to go to the vet who will lecture M-i-L about his weight, but she might listen to him! I'm hoping the Cinnamon Trust will help get him there.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. The groomer needs to be kind to dogs and humans, and the vet should be tactful enough that she'll be prepared to go back after the lecture! If there's someone who she shouldn't use, just PM to prevent any libel actions!!