UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Request For Healing Thoughts

sproggie14

Thanks guys. We tried fish and cheese and he was interested but just found it difficult. He did take a fair bit of honey water though which is something.

He is up at the usual vets now. They are a bit concerned about his breathing so they are going to do some x-rays. Depending on what they find they may or may not go ahead with changing his dressing too.

Just had a call from the vets to say one of my most special rats has inoperable internal tumours and I've had to let her go. So far I'm not liking 010 :mecry:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that he is eating soon. If Billy took a wallop to the nose he might have bruising which would make it painful to eat. Liquidised his food might help?

Loads more healing thoughts on their way. Hope that the x-rays will show that he has only got bruising.Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I am so sorry about ratty. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by greys mum

Well to say I'm annoyed would be a major under statement.

We had our doubts about the emergency vet to be honest. Well today, after the regular vet took one look at him and decided he needed a chest x-ray, we find that, despite having him for 24 hours and racking up a bill of £900, the emergency vet managed to miss that Billy's chest was so full of fluid that his heart was on the wrong side of his body and one of his lungs had collapsed. They also managed to leave numerous splinters of bone in his leg wound. Regular vet says Billy is lucky to be alive :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

He has had the fluid drained from his chest but his lung hasn't reinflated. I'm waiting to hear now how he is getting on and hopefully he'll come home again for the evening as they say his breathing is already much improved. He'll need to go back daily for checks on his chest and I guess they'll do more with his leg once he is more stable.

OMG, that emergency vet is a JOKE!! :angry: :angry: Tell him where to stick his bill indeed, he should count himself lucky if you're not going to report him for malpractice!

Everything crossed that Billy will make it without lasting damage after all that, and :flowers: :flowers: to your wonderful vet - he sounds like a gem! :)

That list of omissions is a bit scarey, to say the leastmellow.gif ohmy.gif

Sending loads of postive thoughts for Billy, and hoping that your proper vets can sort him out as painlessly as possibleflowers.gif wub.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to you and all your family who are having to go through this.

Thanks everyone. Sadly the bill has already been paid (they insist on it before you leave) but I have suggested that they write them a strong letter of complaint and demand some of that money back.

He came home last night and when I spoke to Mum she said he seemed much more comfortable and his breathing was much improved. He was due back at the vets early this morning for a check of his breathing and I'm just waiting to hear how he got on.

ETA I meant to say, I got it wrong re his lungs. Apparently both were collapsed and one was also punctured :ohmy: The "just" collapsed one reinflated but the punctured one didn't!

Edited by sproggie14