UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Request For Healing Thoughts

sproggie14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you again wonderful fugees. Your support is so much appreciated :flowers:

I'm still frustratingly in the dark at the moment. Billy has had an operation this afternoon to stitch what can be salvaged of the skin on his leg back together. Apparently he is likely to need skin grafts. My step dad is calling again at 7 to see if he is awake and eating (he hasn't eaten yet since the accident). I'm hoping we'll go to see him after that but my step dad is worried as to whether that will just upset him when they have to leave again. They're hoping to have him transferred to their usual vet in the morning (he's currently at an emergency vets).

I really want to see him and speak to the vets as this isn't my step dad's area of understanding (he's probably as much use talking to a vet as I would be talking to a mechanic, which is his thing). I don't feel like I know what's happening really until I see him for myself.

I'll update again later once I know more. Thank you again for all your thoughts :flowers:

Thanks everyone.

Well the great news is he is home :biggrin: His leg has received damage to the soft tissue, tendons and a bit of bone plus it severed his vein so he lost a lot of blood. He has some damage to his nose although he's not had an x-ray yet so not sure what and they think his chest and lungs are a bit bruised. The procedure he had earlier was just to remove some of the skin from his leg which had died. He will need some skin grafts at some point soon.

So he is very heavily drugged at the moment and rather anaemic. But the vet felt he would be better off at home where he would be more relaxed and more likely to eat. He was able to walk over to us at the vets but promptly flumped on the floor bless him. Once home he was definitely more relaxed and had quite a good snooze. He has shown some interest in food but was finding it hard to co-ordinate his mouth really I think. He'll have to see their normal vet tomorrow for a dressing change under sedation and more pain relief.

Rosie was very pleased to see him (and also quite pleased to see the bag of goodies we took over to encourage him to eat :rolleyes: )

So really what he needs now is to eat something so please send him lots of eat something thoughts :wink: I'll continue to update on his progress. The vet thinks he has a rather long road ahead of him, probably a couple of months worth of surgeries and dressing changes, poor boy :mecry: But at least he is home and there is nothing life threatening going on. I feel much happier having seen him and knowing that he's going to be ok.

Thanks again everyone :flowers: