UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

English Bull Terrier Kicked To Death In Preston

Ian

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/group.php?gid=230647846618

A group has been started on Facebook by the owner of an English Bull Terrier named Brockie asking for information leading her to find the people responsible for her dogs death.

She says "3 lads kicked my dog 2 death near ASDA Preston in the early hours of the 30th December 2009. Justice needs to be done for Brockie."

If you are in the Preston area and you can forward these details on, please do.

Edited by Ian

Whats the matter with the press on this one. Are they still on holiday?

if its true then its awful,but there have been several phoney ones like this lately. If its true I would have thought that the press would have jumped on it. Poor dog if it did happen. x

unsure.gif Surely no one would be that sick, what on earth would they get out of it?

there was the one just a short time ago that claimed her pup had been kicked to death by yobs,it turned out to be untrue. Sick inddeed , they say she had learning difficulties but she was clever enough to think the story up and keep it going. Perhaps I am just too cynical but I am always being told not to believe all I read !! x

Well press contacts in my old stalking ground havent heard about it ( possibly yet) but the Lancashire Evening Post has had four dog stories in the last fortnight, while the nearby Lancashire Telegrap has had three, but all with its preferred anti-dog stance.

(However local dog owners are fighting back see My link )

So there are three options-

The press arent bothered; dog quota full

The Police ( Lancs Constabulary- not well known for dynamism) arent bothered or perhaps havent been told.

Its a fake.

Having recently watched a tV programme where a couple set fire to their house , killing their 4 year old son , because on a previous occassion they had been given money; I believe people can have reason for anything.

I started looking for verification on this as soon as I saw it, in case it was necessary to offer assistance , start a reward fund or just get the ball rolling. So I am not heartless, honest. Knowing the area I did and still think that it is quite possible for this kind of thing to happen there.

I was trying not to be outspoken in my original comment.

Think this is true, its one of my facebook pals it appeared on their status on the 2nd January x RIP Brockie x

I asked someone on one of the other boards today who I've agreed to do a h/c for & I noticed happen to be in Preston but they haven't heard of it either. I noticed she hasn't answered any of the questions on FB about whether Police have acted, there's CCTV (possibly press mentioned too?) etc so far but my assumption was more that Facebook is an "easy" / familiar way for her to get word out & she may possibly not have even contacted the press, police etc, particularly if very upset.

Do you think you could find out / if necessary encourage her to do so?

Can't speak for anyone else Lester, but I certainly didn't think you were being heartless. There are many things on the internet I look at with scepticism & I certainly don't think we can believe everything we read.

With a story like this though I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt & find it abhorant when people are found to lie about such things - like that poor little girl who "disappeared" last year & it was then found to be her own family grrr.gif