UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

There was no snow left on the coops or in the trees & bushes yesterday, now look:

IMG_0456.jpg

Believe it nor not I've got 35 chickens :laugh: They're all hiding in the garage :laugh:

It's still snowing. Mr Hazell left for work at 6.30am because he was going to drive to Bicester first to pick up a colleague who's car has died. They finally arrived at work in Oxford at 10am :ohmy: There's no way his car will get back up the hill to our house tonight, he'll have to abandon his car at the bottom of the road. Lord knows what time I'll see him :wacko:

Light fall of snow here last night - think we escaped lightly compared to rest of Somerset.Definitely walking to work this afternoon.Took the Ds up the hill and into the fields for a lovely lovely walk but coming back down the hill (no footpaths) was scary as prats coming down way too fast hit the slush at the bottom and went spinning,happened to 4 cars,just sheer good luck there was nothing else coming for them to hit.I had the Ds on very very tight lead and stood halfway up the bank at one stage.But we did enjoy the walk and didn't see a soul,although Daisy had 2 fainting spells again :(

Jules - thanks for asking about Mia-cat. She seems fine now flowers.gif

Congrats to Darren on his new job :partytime:

Job news was not good mecry.gif Three of the six of us are being made redundant - consultation period has begun and we'll know who is going in two weeks sad01_anim.gif

Sorry to hear that Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

unless between now and then he has found another job at the place he works now, he will be redundant. Great.

Keeping fingers crossed that something turns up Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I have just eaten for the first time today, which is just as well cos I'm off to Sainsburys and we all know what happens when you shop on an empty stomach.

RMF : It's started snowing again. I don't mind but can it please not stick until I get home tonight rolleyes.gif

Weather forecast says snow for Cheshire overnight :angry:

Tis snowing here in my part of Cheshire :rolleyes:

Light fall of snow here last night - think we escaped lightly compared to rest of Somerset.Definitely walking to work this afternoon.Took the Ds up the hill and into the fields for a lovely lovely walk but coming back down the hill (no footpaths) was scary as prats coming down way too fast hit the slush at the bottom and went spinning,happened to 4 cars,just sheer good luck there was nothing else coming for them to hit.I had the Ds on very very tight lead and stood halfway up the bank at one stage.But we did enjoy the walk and didn't see a soul,although Daisy had 2 fainting spells again :(

gentle :GroupHug: for the gorjuss Daisy,

Lynn, can you see the Poldens from you, if you can what's it like

on the right hand side, where it dips down to Street & Glastonbury?

:GroupHug: For all those suffering snowyitis.

I thought that said snowytits unsure.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Thank you :flowers: Job news was not good :mecry: Three of the six of us are being made redundant - consultation period has begun and we'll know who is going in two weeks :( Time to start job hunting I think

A stressful two weeks Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Well done Darren elefant.gif

We have no snow elefant.gif, looks hellish down south Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for everyone with more snow than they'd like.

Made a big pot of cream of mushroom soup mmmmmmm

RMParkingRant: Parking spaces are like rocking horse s*** in this place - so why do people insist on plonking their car in a space just cbiggrin.gifos it's empty? angry.gif I've just gone to park in my director's space (which I use when he's not there) and some feckwit is using it. Hey ho, I will speak to main reception and tell them to get it towed :devil:

It's been snowing since around 5.00/6.00 am. It's not heavy but is steady and is now covering everything very nicely - our garden looks as good as everyne else's :laugh: :laugh: .

I've been training with the dogs this morning - all morning. :ohmy: Our trainer is on holiday so we had the head trainer taking the class and both dogs were unbelievably, embarrassingly awful. :blush02:

I thought that said snowytits unsure.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Trust you laugh.gif I never thought such a thing, nope not me, no way blush02.gif

We got quite a covering of snow. It was funny stuff, really small flakes, it looked more like rain but by heck it didn't have settle fast. It's just gone back to snowing now but it's more like "normal" snow now.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with Plantar fasciitis?

Yantan, here is some info about plantar fasciitis:

http://www.londonfootandanklecentre.co.uk/conditions/plantar_fasciitis.php?gclid=CPi_iq3coZ8CFRk9lAodOCH0Mg

There is oodles more on the net. I won't suggest anything myself as my training is many years out of date. If it is yourself who is afflicted, surely you should be able to get a NHS podiatrist appointment as you are diabetic?

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with Plantar fasciitis?

Vodka helps mine enormously. Once you are too drunk to walk you feet get a break :laugh: Jokes apart, I found that begrudgingly paying a little more for proper running trainers with better foot support helped a lot, and wearing non supporting shoes made it far worse. Take a look at your regular footwear to start with and see if you can improve on it. It also helps to spend a few minutes warming up your tendons before you can walk, gently stretching them on a stair or step. I know plantar isnt a tendon issue, somehow I feel more comfy walking about first thing if i have taken time to get everything working before i start plodding about for the day :flowers: