UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

yup correct I am wishing it away :laugh: Ive got staff struggling to get to work every day, dogs here that should have gone home days ago with stranded owners, bookings being cancelled as people give up on their holidays, and living down country lanes, we have no grit or means of making it safe out for anyone so dogs arnt getting their proper walks every day. Yes I hate the bloody snow :angry:

A few years ago the main road from Inverness was closed by snow so returning owners could not get through to collect their dogs. My local kennels ended up with 20 dogs in the house as well as a kennel full of dogs.

lol welcome to the club, my son told me they have another on the way on boxing day, their yongest is 5 months old at the mo, and he is number 4 so come July we will be up to grandchild number 18 :ohmy:

Congratulations!! :flowers:

Christmas must be an expensive time!!

afternoon everyone still very snowy and icy here! Missy has her date now and looks very likely that she will be going down the TPLO route when i spoke to the vet yday he said to get her a large non fluffy bed or a few piece of vet bed to scatter around for her when she is home again but when i have looked vet bed is fluffy! is it a different fluff??! What have u all used post surgery for ur dogs to keep them comfy?

Get a memory foam mattress topper (see doggy chat thread) and put it in a quilt cover or double it over and get a spare dog bed cover :flowers:

Cheryl those poor greyhounds, they must be freezing sad.gif

Back from the vet. I got told off for not paying attention and filling my claim form in while he was talking to me. Cheeky fecker, I'm old enough to be his errrr.. older sister laugh.gif Mia has antibiotics and Cystease, 4 tablets a day, deep joy. Hopefully that will sort it, but if not then she will need xrays.

I added some hot water to her kibble to get more water inside her and she's currently shovelling it down her neck.

RMF : I am having egg n chips for tea but I have no tommy sauce mecry.gif

Edited by merledogs

I'm normally up shortly after 5 am (sometimes earlier). If I'm up at 6.30 I consider it a lie in laugh.gif

mellow.gif OMG ! I get up at 8 which is quit early enough fankyewverymuch, I'm up at 6 in the summer to let the hens out, but then I go back to bed biggrin.gif

Well I've won the battle of Cowbagheath!

biglaugh.gif Cowdenbeath !......although Cowbagheath is way more descriptive laughingsmiley.gif

I am failing my dogs. I think their behaviour shows what a sh*t owner I am.

I came across an allotment this morning about half a mile away from my house. There is someone who has got 6 greyhounds living in a shed with a six foot or so run attached to it. Poor buggers were fecking freezing - we've got more snow.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Cheryl I'm sure your not a poo owner, hell, I've got a mountain of behaviour books, been to just about every dog seminar thats been on in Scotland, I even understand all that positive and negative punishers poop, and Spud and Daisy are still a pair of shitbags, who bounce on anyone that comes to visit, Daisy try's to sit on their head !, Spud runs round with the first shoe he finds in his mouth doing that stupid play growl , Daisy will still try and blooter small dogs into next week if they come up to her, and she steals Kola Cubes from my mouth !

OMG OMG OMG My daughter has just told me she's pregnant again with no 3. No 2 is a year old tomorrow and will be 19 months old when no 3 comes along. :wacko: :wacko: She works part time and my panic is because I look after them when she's working. I can barely manage two never mind three. Please send "don't let it be twins" thoughts. :flowers:

Congrats Granny partytime.gif

I spent a whole 2 hours today patching up holes in the fence of the field across the road, that big swine Ben found a gap and he was off through it, luckily it just goes into a wee bit of woodland so he was easy to catch, but I had a right job slithering through the hole he'd went through, but at least now not even a fart will get out of that field .

Had a wonderful walk in local fields with Ds,so pretty with the snow which was in some areas totally undisturbed apart from deer and rabbit prints,so satisfying being the first person to leave footprints there :biggrin: Upped my electricity direct debit today,am using 2 heaters to add extra heat and normally only have one very very occasionally on,don't want them bumping my payments up when the next bill comes in,would rather do it gradually now.

Cheryl - I'm sure that Henry and Molly totally disagree with you :flowers: I had a bit of a bad day with my hooligans last week and I was beating myself up over it, but we've sorted it out and although my two will never be as nicely behaved as some of these devoted collies, they are happy and healthy and that's all they care about :wink:

After I'd recovered from the structural renovation of my mouth I went to the barbers and had a haircut as well - crikey it almost sounds like I've had a make over today! :wacko: :laugh:

Oh and I usually get up at about 5.45 - 6.00. Anything after 6.30 is considered a lie in :)

Stay safe greys mum, Mr B and all who are out and about tonight.

I have done an emergency transport run up the M4 - Swansea pound to Dogs Trust at Bridgend. 2 very sweet dogs, a staffy and a staffy x, both really friendly with humans and other dogs :wub: :wub: and also unusually quiet. I got the car nice and warm so they snuggled down and fell asleep. One woke up on the journey and wibbled a bit, but I told him everything was OK and he went straight back to sleep.

Drivers on the M4 were being very careful and considerate and in less of a mad rush than usual even though the road was clear. Makes a pleasant change.

Cheryl, I am sure you are not a sh*t owner. Some dogs are much harder work than others. And some owners who are really lousy have fairly well behaved dogs.

Edited by owl