UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

YES !!!!!

I'm sick to the back teeth of bloody snow, most of our walks are either cut off or to treacherous to use, my hens hate it, Daisy hates it, I haven't seen any grass since Christmas, and the news !....well, you'd think it only matters if snow falls in England, we've had this snow for ages and not a dickie on the news, one bloody flake falls in England and it's a bloody disaster with special reports

:GroupHug: that sounds awful! We're nowhere near as badly off as you, so now I feel bad about moaning. It must be so miserable. I appreciate what you say aboutit having to snow in England before it gets on the news. I have lots of family in Scotland and there's never a word wbout their snow. One of them is a farmer and he is "lent" a huge snowplough by the local authority to go on the front of his tractor so that he will clear the roads around his farm. :GroupHug:

Hope it all goes away soon. :GroupHug:

Edited by Spins4me

Right, I've had enough! Bloody hate bloody snow and bloody cold and bloody ice etc. Anyone want to join me in having mass "go away snow" thoughts?

Anyone else wonder why the telly news is "it's very cold and there's a lot of snow". Do they think we haven't noticed?

Rant, rant, moan, mutter, mumble.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2:

I'll join you there!!!

Steve is driving my mum home to Plymouth. Luckily it is motorway travel near enough the whole way.

Hey Fugees :wavey:

Happy New Year :biggrin: :elefant: I do hope that this year is a good one for everyone :flowers:

RMF: I am having my first day back at work this year, had Mon and Tues booked off as holidays and then couldn't go anywhere yesterday, I've not done any work for 3 weeks and it is rather lovely being in the office :biggrin:

RMF2: I only have another 4 days of work left :ohmy: (once today is finished) and then as of next Wednesday I am unemployed and I am then moving to Kent next Sat (16th) :elefant: :unsure: :biggrin:

RMF3: I had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and was spoilt rotten by my fantastic boyfriend and family :wub:

Celeste :GroupHug: it's only cause we are soft southerners - and it's easy news stories otherwise.

as in...look an empty street, must be because of the snow...wonder what the impact will be on the shops...blah blah blah.

Hope the snow ends soon for all those that don't want it.

xxx

I ended up going with Rob to the vets after all as he decided he'd prefer some company rolleyes.gif getting off the estate was fun but once on the main roads they were generally fine, they were even better coming back after they'd had a bit of sun on them. I took photos from the car as we were going in so if there's any decent one's I might pop them up a bit later. Nog's dressing has been changed and we don't have to go back til Monday so if any more snow does fall over the weekend as forcast at least I don't have to worry about it for a few days. Went to the main Tesco superstore whilst Nog was beeing seen and did most of my weekly shop so thats out the way now as well.

Some interesting stuff came back from the lab tests which I'll update about in Nog's thread after I've done us a bit of lunch as we're starving.

Hubby made it to work this morning, hes just called me though asking me to call the police as hes just tried to deliver a parcel at a house but theres no one home and as he put the "we tried to deliver" card through the door he could hear the sound of running water :unsure: so he looked through front room window to see a waterfall pouring through a huge hole where the ceiling light should be :ohmy: obviously pipes have burst and the neighbours out too.

The police are trying to get a contact number for the householder and have sent officers round to break down the door if nesessary and turn off the electric and water supply.

someones going to have avery nasty shock when they get home :(

[/size]

I had a dream about Cesar Milan last night ohmy.gif he was coming to see my dogs, he arrived with a female assistant who did my dishes, I was living in a flat and when I looked out the window there were wild turkey's running about on the road and a bus nearly hit one, then he alpha rolled Daisy, and then he started crying because his wife had left him....now what the hell was that all about !!!

stop-eating-cheese-late-at-night !!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hubby made it to work this morning, hes just called me though asking me to call the police as hes just tried to deliver a parcel at a house but theres no one home and as he put the "we tried to deliver" card through the door he could hear the sound of running water :unsure: so he looked through front room window to see a waterfall pouring through a huge hole where the ceiling light should be :ohmy: obviously pipes have burst and the neighbours out too.

Goodness, that will be horrible to come home to! You've made me think - our neighbours have not made it home since the snow started, and I don't know if their heating is on - think I'll whizz round and just have a peek through their windows in a tick, check all is as it should be! unsure.gif

i have just had to use de icer on the outside of my dog food freezers in the shed cos the doors were frozen shut.

whoever heard of defrosting the outside of your freezer huh.gif

Or indeed de-icing the inside of your double glazing huh.gif

I can't wait to get home and snuggle up to my babies in front of their gas fire wub.gif

Today is dragging interminably and I've had a low-level migraine for days now.