UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Am nursing a very sore toe today had a very vivid dream last nite that kind of woke me up and i tried to get out of bed and prompty fell over (leg was still asleep)

:GroupHug:

Tilli may have had seizures while I'm at work, I don't know, but now at least i know Kenza isn't going to hurt her when it happens, she seemed to be trying to comfort her.

I luffs my big lummox of a dog :wub:

Well done Kenza :wub:

Now Xmas and New Year are over I am now looking for a job. Have handed in applications to Morrisons and Tesco.

good luck :flowers:

Took the boys out just now and saw a shooting star. Was looking up at the stars, looking at Gdog's star and then all of a sudden a star shot across the sky

:biggrin:

my mums just rung. she went to see her friend yesterday, had a good laugh with her.

she was found dead in bed this morning

:GroupHug:

Hope your shopping arrives soon CT

Hope your ankle feels better soon Owl and sorry Molly couldn't be found Zico's mum :GroupHug:

Tis freezing cold here too :bigtonstuck:

wavey.gif Hello everyone

I've been Lurking.gif in RMF for a while now but not kept up very well. I thought I'd say hi and let you know I'm still about.

For those who haven't seen me on Facebook, the past few months have been all change with plenty of ups and downs. The biggest change in 2009 was that we lost Aflie in mid-December. Thank you for all of you who send love and hugs in the Rainbow Bridge section. It was a huge shock to lose him. I saw our lovely vet today and she's absolutely sure he must have had a gastro-intestinal tumour that was lurking and perforated in the night when he was at the vets. He went 'off colour' in a two week period but no other signs other than a bit of weight loss and some sickness. Poor boy. I miss him terribly mecry.gif

As for Steve, at the end of July he said he'd been a fool to ever want to leave and has been making things up to me ever since. He's been a real rock and we're best friends again. Well, apart from his special relationship with Ronnie. Gawd, he loves that dog and chats to him more than me! It's lovely to see them developing a great friendship.

Pixie is well. She's now about to come off Atopica for her allergies and, for 11 and a half, is going from strength to strength. She's bossy and is becoming a really stubborn old lady. She shouts at me if one of the cats decides to curl up on my lap! laughingsmiley.gif

In September, we lost Lucycat. Her kidneys gave up. Just like Alfie, she went really quickly - within two days of getting poorly - with no signs other than sickness in the last day or so. She was around 16. She was just like Alfie and they enjoyed life so much. I'm so pleased neither of them needed nursing through a long illness. They would've hated that.

I'm sure loads of other things have changed but those are the biggies for now. Other than the fact that we've sold the house and are on the move. We've moving to an old pub in a small village in north Oxfordshire. When it goes through, I'll let everyone know and the party will be on! It's the most amazing house and the dogs are going to love it. I'm only sad that Alfie and Lucy won't get to enjoy it with us. I'm sure they'll join us somehow wub.gif

I hope everyone else is looking forward to a good 2010. Sending love to you all bigheart.gif

Celeste, glad that Ben didnt disappear totally. Not sure that OH wouldn't have disappeared though! :mad:

Katie and Missy, hope your toe is better soon. :GroupHug: I woke with a dead leg the other day. Very strange!

So worry about Molly. I hope she has found a nice cosy den in this cold weather. :GroupHug: I remember looking for a trailhound locally and he had found a nice cosy armchair under some bushes. :rolleyes:

Chasta, all of your dogs are a credit to you. :flowers: Kenza is gorgeous and kind. :wub:

Phebe, put your feet up! :GroupHug: May a medicinal wine or two to help....

Jazz, did your car start or haven't you tried it yet?

Kelly, you have had an eventful year. Here's hoping that 2010 is a much improved year for you. :flowers:

RMF, me and OH have been and booked our first holiday abroad without dogs/kids. :biggrin: Though I am a bit wibbly about leaving the dogs in kennels for a week, we, particularly hubby needs this holiday. I am a tad excited now!

Well done Jazz. So sorry to hear about your mum's friend.

Peachy :flowers: Nice to see you here again. Sad for you to lose Alfie and Lucy, run free both of you :wub:

Sadly no medicinal wine is possible to help the ankle - alcohol allergy :angry: Anyway, I am eating apple strudel with ice cream which is certain to be good for it :biggrin:

Last night I watched Dead Mans Chest on iPlayer. Then I went to sleep and dreamed of fighting lots of pirates. Woke up with a bruised and bleeding nose :wacko: Decided not to watch any films or DVDs tonight for health and safety reasons.

not laughing at 'katie and missy' falling out of bed at all :laugh: :GroupHug:

Hope Wiccs Molly girl turns up soon and at least finds some shelter for tonight. Too cold to be out all night.

Gentle hugs for Tilli and for Kenza for looking out for her.

Lucky foster girls who get to stay with you Jazz. Glad you're back driving again and if you fancy tootling up to Southgate would be lovely to have a visit with you. Sorry to hear about your mum's friend. :GroupHug:

Good luck with the job hunting Angel155

Hope your ankle is better soon Phebe. Can't imagine being allergic to alcohol :ohmy: though it would probably be a good thing in my case :laugh: Wishing you a nightmare free sleep tonight

Good luck with the Think Dog assignment Michelle

How lovely to see GDog's shooting star Wendy. That must have been really special.

Lovely to see you back and happy again Kelly, I have thought of you. Sorry to hear about Alfie and Lucycat, but so glad they didn't suffer. Look forward to hearing about your move - that sounds exciting.

Where you booked Andrea? We don't go away without the dogs anymore but if we did I'd love to go back to Portugal. It's my favourite "abroad".

I have made a resolution. I will try to make it happen. This year I will try to get over my excrutiating shyness and will no longer be a sociophobe. I will not lurk on here but will join in RMF and may even turn up at a walk near you. (well that's at least a definite maybe lol)

:GroupHug: kazz' mum

Quiet start to 2010, working yesterday and cleaning the house all day today, heres hoping the rest of the year is as uneventful as 2009 was the worst ever.

RMF

Im going to see that boy of mine tomorrow :biggrin:

yay for seeing your boy tomorrow :flowers: mine drives me to despair at times but I love him anyway :GroupHug: