UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reiki Please For Keira

sanrossscot

Could Keira please have some good thoughts and Reiki?

Just recently her breathing has become 'harsher' and she coughs a fair bit. Anytime we have been at the vets in the past she hasn't done it and her lungs and heart always seem fine when checked. The last time we were there though she demonstrated the breathing and the vet suggested it might be partial 'laryngeal paralysis'. There is an operation that can be done to 'tie-back' the flaps in the throat that cause the problems only this a major op and dogs have risk of choking and aspirational pneumonia afterwards.

I do not think, at the age of 13, that would want to put her through the op so will explore other options meantime.

The point of this ramble is as I said at first, can Keira have some healing thoughts, it is her 13th Birthday in january and she is not feeling her happiest at the moment.

IMG_8167.jpg

k1.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of my precious baby :wub:

• Like 1

Reiki on the way for Keira.

Personally after my experience with Ellie I would go ahead and have the tie-back, if her previous owners had done this she wouldn't have nearly died last January and now has a permanent tracheotomy in. Ellie is doing well and unless you know about it you wouldn't know.

You will find Ellie's story about her tracheotomy here, it may help you decide what to do. http://tracheotomy-in-dogs.yolasite.com/ I have already had emails from owners who it has helped. :GroupHug:

Thanks for thoughts :flowers:

Thank you Mrs Mop, it makes interesting reading. Do you mind me asking how Ellie's mobility was before the op? I guess the thing in my mind is, with Keira, do I put her through the operation just to lose her soon after because her mobility is bad.

Keira's back and hind legs are v stiff mobility wise and I was not sure how long I would have her due to this anyway. There does some to be medication that acts as a bronchial dilator and I hope to visit the vets soon to discuss more options. :)

It may be better if we talk, I will pm you my phone number and you can ask as many questions as you want.

Ellie isn't a good example of a Staffy, she couldn't keep up with the others before her operation and I now suspect it was her breathing that Bonnie was attacking her, she hasn't attacked her since Ellie had the tracheotomy in.

I have ashtma quite bad, it affects my mobility and at one time my lack of mobility was put down to fibromyalgia, since my inhalers were changed my mobility is so much better, in fact better than it has been for years and I have had a hip replaced, my other is going and so is both my knees.

Little update, we have been back to the vets and chatted with a new person. We are going to try a bronchial dilator to see how that changes Keira's breathing and go from there.

The vet did say that with the breathing K was showing that surgery could have a good affect. So, still on the carousel of thoughts..... :unsure: Thankfully, Keira is quiet and settled right now which is giving her a bit of a break. :wub: