UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparkle, I didn't send a pic yet. She looked so utterly miserable and pathetic and grotty that I don't think she wants to be seen like that, even in her snazzy coat. She is looking a bit happier now and has enjoyed a bowl of Complan, paws crossed it stays down.

My knee is hurting :( I slipped on the rocks today and landed on it. The grip on my muck boots was never brilliant but I have worn them out :rolleyes: I am going to have to save up for some new ones. Is it the Derwent ones that have the best grip? :unsure:

Apart from the fall, we had a lovely walk to Hilbre Island across the beach today. I took kendal Mint Cake :biggrin:

Love seeing these reuinted stories,owners must be over the moon.Decided to treat myself to an M&S £10.00 meal today,wow it was fabulous,chose braised beef in red wine,dauphinoise potatoes and Bramley apple pie - which is in the oven right now,and a very very nice red wine as well,only the fact I have to walk the Ds at 9.00pm is stopping me having another glass or two :laugh:

Jules.........!! What and where!! :jealous: Sorry you still havent sorted the work hassles! :GroupHug:

[quote name=sanrossscot' date='10 December 2009 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1260482410' OH has been reading up about cani-cross, I think he quite fancies doing it with Glen. Need to look for a reasonably priced harness for the boy now. :rolleyes: :laugh:

San here is the link.

Shop

:wub: Az, what a clever boy you are!

Penny, hope your co-workers home check goes well! :flowers:

Sooooo glad its Friday. I am going to chill this weekend and on that note I have wine and am waiting for pizza to be delivered.

Evening. Brr tis cold and very foggy here.

Martyn has gone out to see Hawkwind in Manchester.

Had a lovely Xmas lunch today. Had steak, mushroom & ale pie with veg and chips. The portions were ginormous so I only ended up eating half of it but really tasty. Was nice to be out with my new colleagues and all had a nice chat. I really like this company and the people are lovely :biggrin:

I love hearing the updates of the dogs that get back home after going missing. Thanks for telling us Phebe :flowers: Hope Wispa is feeling a lot less grumpy tomorrow and better very soon.

How is Flo getting on Spins? Sorry to hear you're poorly now. :GroupHug:

Wendy what did you do with the golfers? :laugh:

Ouch Julia. Sounds horrible. Hope it's a lot better tomorrow. :GroupHug:

Simikins thanks ever so much for recommending us to your work colleague. Fingers crossed the homecheck is a pass. Funnily enough I really struggled to find anyone who could do that so a work colleague of one of us is doing it! :flowers:

Aw Az :wub:

I've not heard of magic sponges. While you're on a whirl you can come and sort mine out. :laugh:

I hope the work problems get sorted Jules :flowers:

Glad you're enjoying your noo job Michelle. :flowers:

:GroupHug: for poorly Wispa

That dinner sounds lovely Zico's mum :flowers:

Glad all the lost dogs are getting reunited. :biggrin:

haven't read back further so have a :GroupHug: if you need one.

I was lurgified this week, the worst night was last night. had a hot bath, a hot toddy, some cold and flu remedy and a Kalm tablet (not all at once). Seemed to do the trick as I have been much better today.

Two more sleeps till the Oldies Club walk! :partytime:

jack has been here for 6 1/2 weeks now. I was watching him and Cherry playing earlier and realised that he has settled in so well. After his shakey start he has ended up settling quicker than any dog we have had and with fewer issues. i think I luffs him now. :wub:

How is Flo getting on Spins? Sorry to hear you're poorly now. :GroupHug:

Flo is doing well in herself,thank you. She's very cheery, wanting to play etc but v disgusted that she is on short lead walks only. Just as well she doesn't realise that it's for the next week!

She saw the vet this morning who said that the horrible bruising is from her injury and not from the stitching. She has a large sort of baggy swelling at the front of her chest (Flo not the vet!! :laugh: )but apparently it's ok. I'm giving her arnica (had some very helpful advice on dosages from Owl)to help with the bruising.

Just to add to our minor woes, Como was nipped on the nose and ear by a Staffy this morning. His own fault. She was on the lead, he was off lead and he rushed up and shoved his face in hers. His manners are not what they should be. Quite rightly she gave him a bit of a telling off. He was SO unperturbed. He mistakenly thinks everyone will just love him if he makes himself look beautful and wags his tail a lot.

Thank you - Flo was out for a walk on Tuesday with Como and OH and rushed off into the woods after a squirrel and came back with a 10cm long hole in her chest. She had it stitched up and is doing well now. Co is an irrepressible loon with no doggy manners so he gets himself into all sorts of trouble by getting into other dogs' personal space.

Luckily they are both ok. :flowers:

The swelling should go down no problem Spins. Aw Como. They have such lovely natures even if they are a bit bumbling. :wub:

So pleased things are going so well with Jack. He really is adorable. It's lovely when you get a rush of what the dogs mean to you :wub: Sorry you've not been well Marge and hope you're over the worst of it now. :GroupHug:

Have sorted the doglets out and am watching the soaps. Having a relaxing night for a change.

Jacobean you have not lived without these magic sponges..

Apparently the mop thing with two covers and about 20 sponges were on QVC channel for 26 quid ish.. and those that didnt sell came to the QVC shop we have here for a fiver.. they are fantastic, throws away all usual chemically stuff and just damp with water and off you go, great for muddly paws and grease and doggy snotty windows.. and last for ages..

Lol my mates want me to get them for them next time but i havent seen them in their recently.. lol :biggrin: and you just wash them in machine and go again :laugh: :laugh: quite sad but i enjoyed cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom :wacko:

Another bowl of Complan was eaten with much pleasure, plus 4 mini gravy bone biscuits, and so far it has all stayed down. Wispa's grumpiness is an improvement on being alarmingly quiet, so I'm not complaining. Paws crossed that everything eaten will remain eaten. If so, it's rice pud for breakfast with 3 further small meals of egg, fish etc during the day.

Nite Fugees :sleep:

yay home time - well time to leave the delights of the working environment and head back to the cold flat :( does anyone know anything about heaters and changing out storage heaters for proper leccie heaters?

Mxxx

At this time of year you would probably struggle to get any serious work done for a heating overhaul. When I had heating problems here, I picked up a couple of oil filled radiators from B+Q. Not the cheapest to run, but they gave off a lot of heat and didnt have to stay on as long to get the room warm.

RMF - I have been dozing sinse 6pm. I think my cold has hit the heights today and everything is hurting. Im dosed up to the hilt in the hope of a decent nights sleep to catch up. I really dont like being ill :(