UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

:GroupHug: Alex, I hope Timmy and Max are feeling better soon.

Keira has had her Christmas, went to vet to get more Metacam and we are going try her on Tramadol as she is very stiff now. The vet has also given what seems a likely reason for her 'heavy breathing' which she not shown at vet's before. He thinks it is a partial larygeal paralysis :( if it gets worse surgery is an option but I am not sure if I would want to put her through that at 13. So, for now, we are keeping an eye on it and I will some honey and liquorice to sooth the throat.

If anyone wants to send Reiki her way I would be grateful. (LP would explain the fact she snores nearly as bad as hubby! :rolleyes: ) :wub:

k1.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to all poorly pooches and their humans.

I am sooooooooo disorganised the christmas. I am half way through cooking the christmas cake!ohmy.gif If that's not bad enough tomorrow I cook the christmas pud!!!ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Still got all the prezzies to get. rolleyes.gif Just to make it interesting, I haven't got a day off!!!!laugh.gif With all the rushing about I might loose some weight!!

Brother and sister in law came round tonight to exchange gifts because they're going away for Christmas. SIL became v embarrassed when I gave her a large box - said she hadn't bought big presents, hadn't spent much etc. Had to smile to myself and I :laugh: really wish I could be there when she opens the hedgehog house I've bought her!! :laugh:

My smilies have developed a mind of their own!

Edited by Spins4me

:GroupHug: Alex, I hope Timmy and Max are feeling better soon.

Keira has had her Christmas, went to vet to get more Metacam and we are going try her on Tramadol as she is very stiff now. The vet has also given what seems a likely reason for her 'heavy breathing' which she not shown at vet's before. He thinks it is a partial larygeal paralysis :( if it gets worse surgery is an option but I am not sure if I would want to put her through that at 13. So, for now, we are keeping an eye on it and I will some honey and liquorice to sooth the throat.

If anyone wants to send Reiki her way I would be grateful. (LP would explain the fact she snores nearly as bad as hubby! :rolleyes: ) :wub:

k1.jpg

Badger my collie has this, but we find with him more often than not its when hes lying down or rolling around and he starts to cough n choke and i just say get up Badger and it seems to rectify itself.. hes had it since we got him.. and like Keira he snores like a pig.. i remember once been in bed with hubby and hearing the snoring and told hubby to shut up and he didnt so i thumped him... :laugh: he woke up and said what was that for and the snoring continued, looked down to bottom of bed and it was Badger, I said aw bless him.. he must be tired and stroked him :laugh: :laugh: but Badger likes his comforts and we also find that a cushion to lie his head on at night helps.. well he gets his pig cushion lol.. he nicked hubbys pillow other night :laugh: :laugh:

Congratulations Cheryl! :flowers:

I've forgotten everything else, sorry Fugees but :GroupHug: 's all round so please take as needed :GroupHug:

RMF: Went outside to phone my little brother (his girlfriend suddenly can't come for Christmas so wanted to make sure he was ok) and have a cig at the same time, put my glass of wine on the window ledge ... two secs later BIG smash, the ledge was so icy it fell off!! :ohmy: poor Jack nearly had a heart attack as it reminded him of Lee throwing glasses at me :mecry: the poor wee boy is all ok now as he has had a biscuit and a cuddle :wub: :laugh: :wub: ... I am ok as I have a new glass of red wine :laugh:

:GroupHug: for the poorly Merleyboys. At least that sounds more like a tummy bug now Alex. Hope its just a 24 hour thing. Have a :GroupHug: for you too.

:GroupHug: for Billy too. I hope your dentist trip isnt too awful! And sorry to hear that your mum couldnt make it. Hopefully you can catch up soon. Any chance you could find someone else to go to the show with, or stick them on Ebay for collection only? Seems a shame to waste the tickets.

Keira :GroupHug: Sandra how did your vet diagnose the PLP? I do wonder sometimes if thats what Saffy has as she snores like 10 pigs, even when she is awake. She also likes to sleep with her head resting on something, usually your foot. I have to be careful with her when she over exerts herself too as she panics me with her breathing. I mentioned it to the vet ages ago but they didnt seem worried by it.:unsure:

Congratulations Cheryl. Glad you are in ready for the New Year. New flat, new boy,new start! :flowers:

I don't feel at all Christmasy this year and dont know why exactly :( I am REALLY looking forward to the break from work. I could sleep for the 10 days I have off. We are going out for Christmas lunch this year for the first time ever and I just think it will end up being like any other day when we go out to eat. No getting up extra early to get dinner ready, no over eating just because its there, no washing up every pot/tray/plate/glass in the house then eating again even though you are still stuffed just because its tea time! :rolleyes:

Sparkle, glad to hear that you replaced the glass of wine. :laugh:

Marge, did you get some photos from Black Country Museum? I wish I had known it was on. I would have ordered tickets too. Might have helped with the Christmasy mood!

Edited by safneo

:flowers: For the kind thoughts for Joe

Alex I got the Fuji, in the end it came down to the cost and convenience, but I'm very happy with it, I shall be twiddling with me knobs in bed tonight.I put a couple of pics I took in the photo section.

:GroupHug: for Billy having to cancel Christmas