UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't sleep either, and echo what Alex says :GroupHug:

Michelle, I'll get an update from mum re snow when its a reasonable time, she's near Rochester. I'm going there on Thursday so will wave as we pass :laugh: Our snow, further south, was washed away yesterday.

Kenza woke me a few times in the night wuffing, then at 4am WOOFING so I went to investigate. I'd shut IzzyCat in the front room and she wanted out :rolleyes: clever Kenza

Edited by chasta

Morning tired.gif

My company has seen fit to change our pension arrangements and I received my letter yesterday. If you don't opt out by 29th December then you will automatically be opted in. Given that a lot of people will already have gone on holiday and won't be back until the New Year, the timing of this stinks. I need to speak to my union rep to see if it's a good idea or not and I don't even know if he's in work or not.

RMF : I finally got back to sleep at 4am ish :tired: Having taken the boys to bed the last couple of nights, I am going to have to start rotating them cos five of us on the bed is a bit of a squeeze.

Edited by merledogs

Morning :tired:

Glad the sleeples people got to sleep. Not long now Alex and you won't have to think about getting up for work :GroupHug:

Hope poorly ones feel better today :liebe94:

We had a great time at the Black country living museum last night. Lots of carol singers, bell ringers and street entertainers. as well as the Black Country pantomime "Kippin' Beauty" :laughingsmiley: The old houses had olde decorations too and the gas lamps were lit. Having a sprinkling of real snow really helped the Christmassy feel and the chips and mulled wine went down a treat :wink2:

I'm up relatively early to get into the city centre for last minute pressie shopping. I may be some time. :worried_anim:

We are supposed to be in France. Drove to eurotunnel yesterday morning, queued for over an hour just to be sent home as no trains were running. 6 hours sat in a car just to end up back home again. Felt so sorry for Tiffy and Kai as they get so excited about going on holiday and were not amused - had 2 sulky dogs all evening :laugh: Will try again today. At least we live near enough to get back home but hate to think what people travelling a long distance from the tunnel had to do last night, especially if they had dogs or kids with them

:GroupHug: for poorly/sleepy/otherwise irked peoples.

Scooby is trying his best to tell me that he NEEDS my rice cakes with Toffuti and Fakin' pepperoni slices or he may well starve to death. He is resting his head on my left hand so I can't type. He has also just poked me with a foot.

Is it possible to have a rice-cake-and-above addiction? I ate a whoile packet of rice cakes yesterday without realising it :unsure:

It's been snowing really hard here for the past couple of hours unsure.gif So much so that people who live out in the sticks are being sent home.

Max is poorly now sad.gif He was laying there shivering this morning. He seemed fine otherwise but I hated leaving him to come to work. We have a vet appointment at 4.30 pm so please please send "be something not serious thoughts" cos I couldn't bear it if he was seriously ill again, especially so soon after Milly mecry.gif

:GroupHug: Alex - I hope Max is okay

We have just had a lovely walk in the woods - the snow is quite deep, there are trees down all over the place, and it is wonderful :)  And, for the first time ever, Sophie played with Logan  :biggrin:  I am sooooo pleased - Sophie normally just potters on our walks, and snaps at Logan is he comes too near her, but she was running and chasing with Logan all through the snow with a huge grin on her face, was lovely  :mecry: :biggrin:

Really hoping Max will be feeling much better soon!

Az and Tara Banana have been playing with sticks. Neither of them are much good at retrieving, but both of them are quite good at grabbing them, running away and snapping them into little bits, so that was OK. They even did some tug-o-war. Az tried to get Mollydog interested by barking at her, but she thought they were both quite mad. :laugh:

My Mum, who is in her 70's, insists that she cannot possibly not give her dogs the 4 walks a day that they are used to, regardless of the weather. (One of her dogs is 13, the other is 10!)

Yesterday Mum slipped on the ice and banged her head, but she is carrying on regardless . I hope she hasn't done it any real damage...

She has at least agreed to walk them in the recreation ground rather than over Dartmoor till things thaw a bit more. :rolleyes:

Get well soon, Amy.

Hope your mu is OK, Victoria.

Heaps of good thoughts for Alex and Max :GroupHug:

I didn't sleep much either. The dogs were restless and grumpy and I was aching and couldn't settle comfortably. So I gave up and read a book. Should have come online and talked to Alex.