UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Princess Tara Banana

cycas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that's a thought. (goes away to try on)

Bizarrely, Mollydog's spare waxed jacket that she doesn't like very much does fit Tara quite well as long as I let the waist right out. You'd never think a greyhound coat would fit a chunky monkey like Tara would you! :laugh:

She looks very country-princess in waxed green cotton, so I am glad that is not a breach of Boxer Etiquette. :laugh:

Tara Banana is turning out much less bouncy than I was fearing : her original owners said that she was very energetic, strong on the lead and would jump up, and they couldn't risk keeping her as due to osteoporosis, all this boinging was likely to lead to real damage to them.

So I was expecting this mad boinging pulling untrained thing - but she only jumps up for me if I really get her wound up, and now she's had some good offlead exercise and is used to me a bit, she is turning out to be a lovely polite lead walker, you can hold her on one finger a lot of the time.

Am wondering if she just needed more walking and less Baker's Complete - though of course she's not been here that long so maybe her boingy side is still waiting to be discovered!

Here's hoping she doesn't develop that boinging side as time goes on. I think you may well be right though about the change of food, more exercise and the calm handling. Lots of people seem to wind their dogs up with silliness and noise and then complain when they react excitedly but if you remain calm, quiet and gentle with her I'll bet she'll reflect your behaviour and stay calm too.

Edited by Greygal

Tara Banana is currently dozing with Az in front of the fire, relaxing after a long day of getting muddy, then snoozing, then getting muddy... I think she is getting the sighthound lifestyle! I have taken more pics but need to get them off my camera...

She is beautiful :wub:

I had the privilege of meeting Princess Tara Banana as we helped to transport her and she is one lovely lady.

My OH was even smitten with her...walking her around the motorway service station as we waited for the link up and now he comes running when I say you have posted a new bit of news about her...I think I have a rival :crying_anim02:

It is lovely to see her happy and settled with you...she was very bewildered the day we moved her.

Keep up the good work....and lets hope it isn't long before she has a permanent home again.

Good luck Princess x

:bigloveglass: