UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Calling A;; You Crafty People

Lydford

I have already decided on my new years resolution and 2010 is going to be my year for fundraising...I am planning on running a few stalls throughout the year, dates and places yet to be decided but I want to start gathering things together well in advance so that my stalls look interesting, smart and full of good stuff.

My idea is that the stalls will be a mixture of promoting dogs looking for homes and promoting what the rescues do..along with the neutering message..but also to have craft goods on the stall to sell.

So I am looking for crafty people who might be interested in donating things they make for me to sell to raise funds....handmade cards, knitted goods, wooden toys..anything really that you are good at making.

If you are a knitter I am looking for people to knit liitle dogs... small like key fob size to sell as well.

I will be raising funds for Oldies Club and Precious Poundies

www.preciouspoundies.co.uk/

If anyone can help and/or would like to help me at the stalls (Midlands area) please let me know. :flowers:

Hiya

I've got loads of greetings cards which have been donated for me to sell to raise funds for animal rescues. I've got quite a lot of other craft stuff too (like jewellery and etched glass). I'd be happy to come along to events in the Midlands (if they're not too far away) and help out and bring the stuff with me.

Diane

[

I will be raising funds for Oldies Club and Precious Poundies

www.preciouspoundies.co.uk/

If anyone can help and/or would like to help me at the stalls (Midlands area) please let me know. :flowers:

Well if you have room , you can have some baskets . I dont have so many in stock now - as I havent had much joy in getting any rescues to take any. I have a few hamper types that can be filled for raffles but can now make these , their are flower baskets for weddings and very quick to make , although the pic doesnt have the right handle. Non doggie stalls love these as its usually possible to sell 6 in a day and at £ 12 to £15 each they underwrite stall rent,. They are made from offcuts from bigger baskets so cost nowt.

Also if you need to borrow any show stuff to start up with gazebo, displays . we have a lot of stuff knocking about, and if you need any help with banners, etc just ask.

What kind of shows are you doing?. We did a few really big show last year of the craft/country/forest type and any dog/rescues input we had went down really well. ( over 2,000 cards for one organisation ) But Its really difficult becausee rescues just done want to handover any leaflets etc; for the fundraising or publicity.

Filled hampers do well .even on a stall we took at a Letting agents/landlords business show. ( Petlets)

Hi Dianne and Lester,

Thank you both for your kind offers.

Dianne - would love to have you along to help at stalls..where are you based?...plus all the cards jewellry and glass as well..that would be fab :biggrin:

Lester - I agree with Zico's mom the baskets look lovely and I would love to have some for the stalls and I would be really grateful for help with displays and banners etc. I have been trying to find some cheap (or free) display boards...the sort you see in offices..to use on the stalls and also so that I could just leave displays up at work canteens etc for dogs/ cats looking for homes...so anything would be appreciated.

I haven't booked any shows yet..I am making my 'action plan' as they say...so getting it all ready so that when I see shows advertised that I could do I am ready to go. If anyone knows of any shows planned in 2010...big or small...in the Midlands area please let me know and I can start pencilling them in :flowers:

Thanks for the kind remarks. I am in Birmingham. I do local shows that I can walk to. pushing my cart. I do big shows with others from around the country as a Coop type activity, so it very much depends on the collective idea as to where we might go. No suggestions yet for next year.

Sanrosscot - thank you for the offer of cards, that is very generous.

When I have some dates and places lined up I will get in touch with you all again - well in advance - so I can have some of your lovely goodies to sell - and hopefully will get to meet you Dianne!

Are there any knitters out there???

:flowers:

Wow - I love those baskets - I'd love to have a lesson in how to make them. And Birmingham's not that far from me....

And for cheap (and quite portable) display boards, I've used paste tables. Paint them to make them a bit smarter and then add string to make them into an "A" display board or open them to 90 degrees and use them on their side on a table top. Used to be about £5 from Asda. Or you can very often pick them up from Freecycle.

I live in Derbyshire (near Ashbourne). And I can knit.

Diane

Thats a great idea about the paste tables..will look into that.

As for the knitting...I had an idea to have some little knitted dogs to sell as Precious Poundies..only small. I found this pattern:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/homegarden/homemaking/crafts/articles/0,,695942_711080-1,00.html

but as I am not a knitter I don't know whether it is an easy one to do or not or maybe you knitters would have a better pattern...and of course I was hoping someone may be interested in knitting a few! :flowers: