UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sponsored Run

Lydford

SPONSORED 10K RUN FOR 'PRECIOUS POUNDIES' SUNDAY 27th DECEMBER 2009

What will you be doing on Sunday 27th December?

Recovering from the Christmas festivities feet up, full of food, Christmas cheer (hic!) and good will?

How about keeping that Christmas cheer and good will going?…..Dont worry no effort on your part is required, you dont have to move!!….All you have to do is sponsor me as I run the Wheaton Aston 10k on that day. All money raised will be donated to Precious Poundies.

Precious Poundies work in conjunction with a Yorkshire dog pound to find responsible rescue spaces for dogs who have served their 7 days and have not been claimed.

Dogs found as strays and taken to the pound are kept for 7 days After 7 days if no one claims them they are then in danger of being put to sleep, unless a rescue place can be found.

Precious Poundies (all volunteers) works tirelessy to try and secure these places this involves calling rescues all over the country, posting on internet forums and using any other avenue available to highlight the dogs predicament. If a rescue space is found then Precious Poundies will work to arrange transport runs all over the country to get the dog taken to the start of it's new life. If a rescue space cannot be secured Precious Poundies will (when funds allow) pay for Emergency Boarding at £5.00 a night, in order to get the dog out of the pound and prevent it from being put to sleep. Precious Poundies will also keep the dog in Emergency Boarding until a rescue space can be found.

So whilst sitting on your sofa over Christmas, if you sponsor me for:

£2.00 this will help to cover some of the the cost of petrol for a transport run.

£5.00 will keep a dog safe for a night

£10.00 will buy the dog a safe weekend.

If 200 people would sponsor me for £10….just £10 for the whole 10k (£1.00 a kilometre)….we could raise £2000…enough to fund a kennel and some transport costs for a whole year!!!!

So instead of a another box of chocolates, another box of mince pies…..sponsor me for whatever you can and save a doggy life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please click on the link here to sponsor me http://www.preciouspoundies.co.uk/?page_id=49

Here are some of the dogs that Precious Poundies have already saved

th_B9.jpg"]th_B9.jpg[/url]

Edited by Lydford

• 2 weeks later...

TRAINING RUN REPORT:

So there I am running the last mile of a 3 mile run ......my legs are killing me ....I am gasping my last and I look a lot like this...... :sick01:

...when a young, slim girl runs past me in designer running outfit, cool as a cucumber, talking on her mobile phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Feel my pain and humiliation!!! :mecry:

Make my suffering worthwhile guys....pledge to give me (to keep me going!) and the Poundies (to keep them safe!) a quid...we both need you :liebe94:

To make a pledge of support click here http://www.preciouspoundies.co.uk/?page_id=49

:woof:

I feel your pain and I'll sponsor you! :wink: Just think that that girl had just started off and was still within the first 100 yards of her run. Even I can then still talk on my mobile, and I'm sure you can too!

Good luck for the 27th, doing a 10k right after crimbo takes guts!

It won't let me edit my post, but just wanted to add that I've just clicked on the link in your post (and pledged a few pennies!). An 11 minute mile is GOOD! I'm doing just about 12 min/mile after 2+ months training and I'm well pleased with that. Good luck with your training, you're doing well! :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...

So there I am running through a snow blizzard for 5 miles - looking like frosty the snowman hoping that people will support me...please take a look at www.preciouspoundies.co.uk ...and make a pledge to sponsor me...£1 could make all the difference :woof: Thank you :liebe94:

• 2 weeks later...

I DID IT!!! :bigsmiley:

Its taken me this long to stagger to the computer!

I did it in 1 hour and 11 mins and I wasn't last :elefant:

I have attached photos to prove it (I am the one in the purple t-shirt)....please note the agony in my face in the last one as I cross the line...

Thank you for your messages of support..they really kept me going when I was begining to ache!

For all those who have offered sponsorship please visit www.preciouspoundies.co.uk and make your pledge via the donate button.

Sponsorship will remain open until 3rd January if anyone would like to donate now I have actually done it.

:liebe94: Thank you.

WArunJPGweb.jpg

WArunJPGweb1.jpg

WArunJPGweb4.jpg

I will let you know the total raised after the 3rd. xx