UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Just Wanted To Share!

GoldenOldie

Yesterday my adored old lab boy, Winston, decided to help me unpack the shopping; this is his favourite hobby and he is very skilled at sorting out his favourite fruit and veg and can sometimes even find something more interesting like biscuits if I'm not quick enough. I had a big delivery from Sainsburys on Friday night late and because I was cold, wet and tired after work I saw to the animals, stacked the lab favourite goodies away and left some bags of tins etc. in the kitchen.

Yesterday morning I did my morning round of feeding, watering and walks and was upstairs when I heard the unmistakable sound of Winston checking carrier bags (yes, I am lazy and had not put the rest of the shop away yet!). My dear boy had discovered a kg. bag of flour in with the tinned goods. If anyone wants to know how far a kg. bag of flour can cover a kitchen floor I can tell to the last square inch! His face and head were well coated which made me laugh and while I was brushing it off ,his best friend, my eldest cat, came in from a very wet and muddy garden, walked thro' the flour to see what his pal was doing and give him a kiss on the floury nose. He ended up with a sort of brown gooey paste on his paws . I had my camera and mobile phone upstairs and as I need 2 new knees knew I couldn't get up and down the stairs quickly enough to avoid the flour cloud spreading even further so missed the opportunity to record the moment for posterity.

My other 2 oldies were watching from the living room with a sort of 'mum it wasn't me 'expression. I'm still finding the odd grains of flour this morning!

Aren't our oldies such a joy?

Sally.

I've read Fee's post and cannot understand why PIP hasn't any interest, she sounds wonderful; I'll try and bump her up in this corner of Derbyshire. Mmmmm - wonder if I can fit another old lady in, I've got a spare basket ......!

What fun!! Such a shame you didn't have your camera but I can just imagine the state of kitchen and pets. You will of course be writing a piece for the 'Why I love my oldies' thread!! :biggrin:

Do agree with you about Pip too.....she looks and sounds like a super girl. Hope her turn will come very soon now though and she will enjoy a lovely Christmas in a new home of her own.