UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Muzzles Are Not Enough: Dogs Are Weapons

ReikiAnge

Saw this link on facebook earlier:

Article on Times Online today:

http://www.timesonli...icle6898663.ece

The article is by Kit Malthouse, a member of the London Assembly and Deputy Mayor for Policing in London, which makes it worrying indeed.

Apparently Kit's email address is [email protected] if anyone wishes to email him. I shall be writing when I've calmed down enough.

It amazes me that so much emphasis is placed on the dog - do these people think if all dogs were banned the delightful characters that use dogs as "weapons" would become model citizens overnight? Why can't they see that humans are at fault here, whatever way you approach things.

In the meantime, loving pets are taken from good owners and other dogs suffer abuse at the hands of those who should never be allowed a dog :mecry:

He is a numpty and he seems to have some numpty supporters judging by some of the comments under the article.

I am not sure where Labs feature on the list of bite stats Kathy, but if they do feature near the top, I guess that may well be in part at least due to the fact that there are so many of them. They are the most popular dog by miles - something like 47,000 puppies registered with the KC in the UK last year, with around the same number thought to be born and not KC registered.

How do these people that want to ban bullbreeds just not get that the problem is with people and not dogs? :angry:

I said once before that after Ken was first elected I didn't think it could get any worse........... and then we got Boris......... Now there's Kit

What with them & all of the crooked expense claims I really begin to wonder what qualifies anyone to get into politics.... apparently not common sense.

Wonder whether he even owns / has ever owned a dog? :glare:

I was thinking today, after reading about the "youths" that were using some kind of firework to fight each other in the streets in a UK city (Liverpool or Manchester I think), I wonder why they don't go after fireworks in the same way they do dogs. They're readily available, they're dangerous as hell in the wrong hands and they get hurled at random people, used to abuse animals etc.

I wonder what the stats are on firework v dog injuries/fatalities over the years.

Bumbling Boris is ace. I really shouldn't like him but I love him :huh: :laugh:

:unsure: Ange, Victoria it seems that for you it's Boris but for me it's John & Edward :laugh:

Over on DP there's been a petition posted against fireworks.

I may be cynical here but I wonder whether there are probably more firework participants than there are dog / bullbreed owners - & perhaps Kit is privately worried about votes / plans to become the next mayor?