UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

Crikey, I certainly didn't say that I ignored my dogs when fireworks went off, just that I tried to carry on as normal and was very happy that it had worked so well this year and D&F were so chilled. Feck, I've re read my original post and never insinuated that I ignored my dogs. I'd best join all the people who have left this forum. Goodbye.

I dont think ange was having a go tikks, and i do ignore mine as they like yours although scared / worried are not flinging themselves around whereas if i dont ignore the fireworks/them they do fling themselves around. i think what was meant is the general advice usually given is to ignore any reactions so as not to reward the behaviour which is not always possible not that you ignore your dogs :flowers:

Crikey, I certainly didn't say that I ignored my dogs when fireworks went off, just that I tried to carry on as normal and was very happy that it had worked so well this year and D&F were so chilled. Feck, I've re read my original post and never insinuated that I ignored my dogs. I'd best join all the people who have left this forum. Goodbye.

Blimey Marian.

I wasn't accusing you of ignoring a dog in a bad way :flowers: I was just explaining that it's not always possible to ignore a dog (or carry on as normal when fireworks are going off) if your dog has a bad reaction to them. General advice IS to ignore a dog when it reacts badly to fireworks, but that doesn't work with Sno unfortunately.

I would be very upset if someone chose to leave this forum because of a post I made :mecry: I hope I haven't been responsible for anyone else leaving. Maybe it would be best if I wasn't on here anymore.

I dont think ange was having a go tikks, and i do ignore mine as they like yours although scared / worried are not flinging themselves around whereas if i dont ignore the fireworks/them they do fling themselves around. i think what was meant is the general advice usually given is to ignore any reactions so as not to reward the behaviour which is not always possible not that you ignore your dogs :flowers:

Thank you Mel :flowers:

Morning :tired:

I woke up at 2.30 am feeling really sick. After about half an hour I puked up a load of bile, but felt better afterwards and went back to sleep eventually :tired: Feel ok this morning, just really tired and headachy.

RMF: My landing light hasn't worked for about a year. When it first went on the blink, I changed the bulb in case it was that, but it wasn't and the light hasn't worked since. I keep meaning to check the electrics to see if there is a loose wire or something obvious I can spot, but it's one of those list of jobs I've not got round to yet. Anyway, when I went to bed last night, I saw the landing light was on :huh: It's started working again, most bizarre :wacko:

Fireworks not too bad last night, but why do people set them off past 10pm, ie my bedtime? :mad: Am bracing myself for tonight cos I think lots of people will be having bonfire parties tonight instead.

Edited by merledogs

Lovely morning here,heading to Yeovil to do H/C for 6 month old JRT :wub: was deeply envious yesterday checking out a converted barn set in wonderful Somerset countryside which had not only a huge totally enclosed garden but a paddock with a stream at the bottom of it and fields behind with public footpaths running through,poor Daisy and Duncan lead such a deprived life with me :happy:

And I wasn't one of the 2 UK Euromillion £91 million winners :mecry:

Have cleaned the living room (except for the patio doors, which were done last week and are now covered in mud again :mad:). I am just going to do a quick job on the kitchen then take the mutts out.

RMF : I think it's time to fence off the garden again cos my house is turning into a mud bath :rolleyes:

Morning, it's a lovely bright morning here. Keira is in a boingy mood today :biggrin: she was upstairs this morning and has been up and down like a yo-yo so far. I love it when she's in that mood, she has been quite quiet lately but not today :rolleyes: :wub:

I am going to a Bodyshop sale today, at the HQ and I am hoping to get stuff to donate to Dogstar for their Tombola etc. After that I am heading over to my friends for a crafting session :biggrin:

Morning :flowers: tis a lovely day here too. :biggrin: Asda have just brought my shopping, so once my bread is baked I will get going and get out for a bit.

We have got the devil car back. Fingers crossed it is finally fixed after six months of hell. it has been taken to bits and rewired, new dashboard and other bits and bobs. apparently fings had been by- passed which shouldn't have been, and other fings had bits missing. :unsure: At least this work is guaranteed for two years. i do hope that's the end of it now :rolleyes:

Have the plumbers back to finish the bathroom - fingers crossed - they also have to replace the bath as OH noticed a slight split in the one they installed.

They have been here for two weekends when OH has been away and have been happy (so I thought) to deal with me - i.e. asking questions as to what I wanted...as soon as OH has come back the suddenly only OH gets asked the questions - even when we are both sitting in the lounge he'll call OH to the bathroom to get his opinion.

I am currently finding this very rude...especially as it's my flat, my bathroom and I'm paying for the fitting I'd be interested in why people find it ok to behave in this manner.

Rant over.

xxx

Beautiful day here, we've had a lovely walk in the woods, the dogs were all bouncy and silly. I've been pottering about cleaning the chickens out and tidying the garden up and planting bulbs. I'm having a cup of tea and a nice sit down and then I'm going to wrestle with the crocheted wrist warmers I'm making (very slowly) for my sister's Christmas present.