UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

just taken freddie to the vets for his jabs. hes blind in one eye, just needed him to confirm that, but found hes got a heart murmour. vet also said hes at least 10 by the way he is, so ive got 2 11 year olds and a 10 year old (shes 11 in january)now lol

oo the diet has worked, hes lost weight, so 2 lettuce leaves instead of 1 for tea lol

One of my colleagues from social services has died very suddenly and unexpectedly :( He was such a lovely man and even when working with the most difficult of families did it with such tact and humour to make them feel at ease.It's really thrown me and he will be so missed.Why do the good ones get taken and not the arseholes?

Very sorry to hear that Jules :( :GroupHug:

I know what you mean too. I lost a very good friend when we were both in our mid 20s. Such a waste, she was a beautiful person, such a joy to be around.

Am really hoping for another peaceful night on the fireworks front. Checked on the horse today and she just seemed to be chilling in the field grazing, so hopefully ok. I don't know much about horses but she always seems to be on her own, I worry she's lonely :(

grrrrrrrrrr in work till 9pm and the wont let me go! its so quiet!

Michelle I can do your GU1 homecheck on Monday?

I am thinking as well about going on JSA at my mum's then getting flat whilst up there. There are no jobs or seems to be easier to start a job once up there x

Not too many fireworks here tonight. Sir H only went to the end of the road and back for our walk this evening but after dropping him back, Wiggle and I went back out again. Wiggle took no notice of the odd bang and whizz noises while we were out. Mind you, I had left a pilchard cake baking in the oven so he was probably concentrating on getting back for that :laugh:

Lynn, I hope Daisy is ok. :GroupHug:

Jules, sorry to hear about your colleague. :GroupHug: It is always the good ones that go first. Not those that are nasty and deserve it. :(

Helly, dont you go leading people astray in London! :laugh:

Sandra, ouch to the tooth :GroupHug:

Ange, I hope the horse is OK. :( I thought that horses were social creatures too. Isnt that why they are often paired up with donkeys?

Fecking fireworks sound more like bombs here tonight! :angry: Neo is clinging as close to any surface as possible and is not happy. I am just leaving him to it. I don't like to fuss over him as that makes him worse. If only they could have a glass or two of wine to chill them out! :laugh: I obviously didnt pray hard enough for rain today! :rolleyes:

Chucking it down here so happily v few fireworks.

Took the dogs to Fairlands Valley this morning. Flo was zipig around off lead and as usual had a drink out of one of the lakes. A few yards further on there was a notice warning pet owners not to let animals drink from the lake because it has high levels of blue green algae. :unsure: :unsure:

There was an awful lot of lake before there were any notices and lots of people walking dogs. Some owners I spoke to regularly let their dogs swim in the lake and they hadn't seen the notices. It's a worrying situation.

Evening

:GroupHug: for Daisy and other poorly dogs and :GroupHug: humans, I have read back but nothing sticks. :GroupHug: for your colleague and his family Jules

Dex and Fleur are fab tonight :wub: as soon as any fireworks go off at whatever time of the year they can react how they want but I don't make any big deal out of it and just carry on as normal. We've got mahoosive bangs going off all round and they are both sound asleep. I went down the garden earlier to check that the chooks were OK, with thoughts of bringing them in the kitchen for the night. I just got cross looks for waking them up by shoving a torch in their faces so have left them where they are.

Dex and Fleur are fab tonight :wub: as soon as any fireworks go off at whatever time of the year they can react how they want but I don't make any big deal out of it and just carry on as normal. We've got mahoosive bangs going off all round and they are both sound asleep. I went down the garden earlier to check that the chooks were OK, with thoughts of bringing them in the kitchen for the night. I just got cross looks for waking them up by shoving a torch in their faces so have left them where they are.

It's great to ignore them when you can, but believe me it's not possible when your dog is freaking out so much they're trying to climb under/behind the tv, into the fireplace, getting into a corner and tangled up in cables etc. etc. :flowers: Not safe to ignore them when they're in danger of hurting themselves.

I have four dogs and have previously owned other dogs and Sno is the first dog to be at all bothered by fireworks so it's not me causing his fear. I just do whatever I can to help him through it :) If he goes to his crate I leave him be, if he's about to hurt himself, I intervene.

Am very thankful that so far this year the fireworks have been minimal and Sno's reaction has been the best yet. Hoping desperately this continues tomorrow night.

Ange, I hope the horse is OK. :( I thought that horses were social creatures too. Isnt that why they are often paired up with donkeys?

I thought so too. There was another horse in there recently until they died :( The remaining one looks physically healthy and has had a rug put on recently and has some kind of shelter area but they must spend so much time alone. Still I don't know the owner, their circumstance and maybe they go in each day to see the horse and I've just never seen them there.

Hope Neo is ok :flowers:

It's great to ignore them when you can, but believe me it's not possible when your dog is freaking out so much they're trying to climb under/behind the tv, into the fireplace, getting into a corner and tangled up in cables etc. etc. :flowers: Not safe to ignore them when they're in danger of hurting themselves.

I have four dogs and have previously owned other dogs and Sno is the first dog to be at all bothered by fireworks so it's not me causing his fear. I just do whatever I can to help him through it :) If he goes to his crate I leave him be, if he's about to hurt himself, I intervene.

Am very thankful that so far this year the fireworks have been minimal and Sno's reaction has been the best yet. Hoping desperately this continues tomorrow night.

Crikey, I certainly didn't say that I ignored my dogs when fireworks went off, just that I tried to carry on as normal and was very happy that it had worked so well this year and D&F were so chilled. Feck, I've re read my original post and never insinuated that I ignored my dogs. I'd best join all the people who have left this forum. Goodbye.