UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Autumn Glory Dog Walk, Near Pontypridd, Mid Glam

AlTRPD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, is there any chance you could measure Wispa for a trailie harness as supplied by your good self please? I'd worry about getting it right if I tried to do the measuring myself, and it doesn't help that she is very slippery and wriggly.

I am sure something could be arranged, although I may need reminding to take a tape measure down with me. :wink: I have a memory like a seive!

Becks, I just checked with Dylan, and the boys won't be able to make it that weekend, I'm afraid. Dylan's off to the rugby International the day before, so will probably be recovering from a hangover :unsure: on the Sunday morning, hence the boys are with their mother.

BTW, there's a PM message for you, Becks, off Mike on the TRPD forum about the leads you asked about. :)

There is a thread in Non-Animal Chat, and some are planning to stay after the walk to help to get the new TRPD workshop/store building ready for us to move into.

Perhaps some of the younger, fitter folk/dogs would like to take the opportunity to do some extra walking/exploring of the area then?

I am delighted to say that, one of our Woodland and Wildlife group members has kindly donated the funds to enable a new, chemical toilet and camping kitchen to be provided for Llys Trerobert. :flowers: These should be in situ by the 8th November's walk. We hope thn to acquire a heater and some folding chairs, too.

Peter, one of the volunteers with that project, is busy painting walls at the moment, and has also sorted out a problem with the guttering and water barrels.

Yesterday it poured with rain, but today the sun was shining this morning and the autumnal colours really seemed to be spreading over on the hillside. It looking lovely and tempting. Pity I am up to my neck with work to do and can't skive off for the afternoon.

Don't worry, I do understand, and there will be more walks and other events there in the future.

Progress has been made there this last week, and we now have the TRPD building painted inside and a floor covering laid. A camping-style kitchen is being put up in the room today, and Peter, one of the local volunteers, has been working on the car park and its perimeter, so that we can get some shrubs in there next week.

We aim to start moving our workshop and store room contents down there shortly, too, but still have to sell of an awful lot of things.

Lots more details and info will be posted on the TRPD forum.

If anyone wishes to come along on any weekend, park there off-road and go exploring on the adjacent hillside and tracks, please contact me via the TRPD forum, and arrangements can be made for the gates to be unlocked and the 'facilities' to be made available. We can't cater for more than about four cars, as it's only small, but there are lovely walks and access to the footpaths is right next to our entrance. :biggrin:

Edited by AlTRPD

Just a reminder that this is taking place on Sunday. :biggrin:

At present, Metcheck is forcasting dry weather during the morning, but it will probably be wet and muddy underfoot on the tracks.

We have almost finished spreading all the loads of bark chips on the car park, but those who want to have a wander over the fields will need their wellington boots, as the ponies have poached the gateways quite badly in places.

Is there space to park other than the small car park, as my friend (no dogs) is hoping to come and meet us there?

Is there space to park other than the small car park, as my friend (no dogs) is hoping to come and meet us there?

I have put a tape measure in the car ready for you to measure up Wispa. :flowers:

There should be enough space there, as several from a distance have had to drop out - or does your friend have a bus or lorry? :biggrin: There is some space outside the gates, though.

Glad you remembered the tape measure! I can't seem to find mine. :unsure:

Metcheck seems to think it will be dry on Sunday morning still. :)