UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ginny Staffie Needs A Permanent Or Foster Home

Fee

jinny-2.jpg

Ginny is a sweet nine year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier who was rescued by Oldies Club from the pound. She’s currently being fostered in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, but her foster mum works during the week and Ginny is becoming increasingly anxious at being left. Oldies Club therefore urgently need to hear from people who could offer Ginny a new foster place or a permanent home.

jinny4.jpg

This is what her current foster mum has to say about her;

Ginny is adorable and loves to sit next to you and have a cuddle or a snooze. When you get up she’ll follow you around, wagging her tail wherever she goes. She’s fine to be left for a few hours at a time, but she gets used to you being at home at the weekend and then gets anxious when she’s left again during the week. When you come home she’s ecstatic and I think her idea of heaven would be a home with someone who can be around most of the day. She’d be perfect in a big family, rather than with one person.

jinny-7.jpg

Ginny must have come from a loving family as she’s very used to being cuddled and is well trained. She responds well to commands and because she loves her treats it would be easy to teach her new tricks. She isn’t a greedy girl though, she just enjoys her food!

Ginny is very clean in the house and she’s good on walks, both on and off the lead. She’s encountered a few dogs while out walking and she tends to sniff or ignore most, but there have been a couple that she’s grumbled at. She hasn’t met any cats yet, so we’re not sure how she would react to them.

Ginny is quite agile and easily gets in and out of the car, although once you start driving she tends to cry. She’s also very keen on getting into bed with you - trying to get her head under the quilt if she can!! When she’s told “off†she gets straight down though, so is a very good girl.

Ginny is such a lovely girl and she really deserves to be in a home with people around her a lot of the time. She wants nothing more than to be close to someone and to feel loved.

jinny-1.jpg

Ginny is recovering from a very bad skin condition which affects her ears and feet and she needs ongoing medication for this. She’s currently taking tablets and has to be bathed regularly, but she doesn’t mind this and is very well behaved.

Ginny still needs to be spayed, but Oldies Club will pay for this and any ongoing treatment for her skin condition.

If you can offer Ginny a permanent or new foster home, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Ginny can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet her. If you can offer Ginny a foster home, Oldies Club can arrange transport.

What a lovely girl she is love.gif

Look at her little teeth bigheart3.gif

I'm fostering Ginny at the moment. She is absolutely adorable. Loves to be close, she's quite happy to be snuggled up close on sofa and she just wants to be wherever you are. She really really needs to have a home where someone is around a good bit of the time.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update on Ginny - who's currently snoozing with her head rested on my foot while I'm on here.

Ginny has been doing really well. She's been really good with other dogs, only time she's grumbled is when they've got too close to her ears and as they are always going to be tender that's understandable. The vet is pleased that her skin condition is improving and her coat is fab! Very glossy.

As I originally thought she was dog-aggressive we've been seeing a lovely lady who's a canine behavourist, and Ginny is not dog aggressive but I was nervous and that made her nervous. She's been playing at BrightPaws canine therapy centre with a 2year old energetic staffy and a 2yr old dogue de bordeaux - no issues. Today she met the other ddb Mavis who is 4yr and they were great together. Ginny has had a go at agility today and did really well and seemed to enjoy it. I hope she gets her forever home soon, she really really deserves one - she's such a little snuggle-cuddle-monster!!! xxx

Ginny has now been spayed and recovering well.

She's scuch a funny little dog. This morning I'm sitting with the pc on my lap but the throw that is usually on this sofa is in the wash, so Ginny went and lay on the other sofa - with a throw on - and cried. When I told her to come and see me she practically leapt onto the sofa and rolled over for a tickle!!!! Good to know she wont go on the furnuiture without throws on unless she is told it's ok.

Poor Ginny is still waiting for some interest sleep.gif

I managed to sqeeze Ellie in, I am sure you can sqeeze Ginny into your home. :flowers:

You haven't seen the size of my house Margaret :rolleyes:

.... and I have three already including a sixteen going on seventeen year old.

I think now you've got your new house you may just have room for a little 'un :hehehmn:

My Joe is a Whippet/JRT who was given drugs by his previous owner's teenage son. My Greyhound Merlin is one of 4 that Greyhound Action Scotland brought over from Northern Ireland 6 years ago.

I cope because I have to, the alternative would be either rehome or pts, to me neither is an option, I took these dogs on, it is up to me to make sure I can give them what they need and when their time comes, they will go with love and cuddles like I did with Gracie. Bit like a wedding ceremony, in sickness and health, until death does us part :laugh:

Well, I spent this evening with my sister and her 4 goldies and 2 golden cockers AND Ginny - she was a little star. We introduced them one at a time and sometimes the goldies are a bit "in your face" but they were very good with her and she didnt even grumble when they sniffed her ears. Ginny was curled up on the sofa next to me and Shoni (7 month goldie) was sitting on the floor with her head resting against Ginny's. What a little star!!!!!! First time since I got Ginny that I've spent with my sister and her lot - a definite success. I think I can safely say she is most definitely "dog-friendly".