UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rescue Help Needed. 4 Month Old King Charles Spaniel

JACKYSIAN

Don't know if anyone can help? I'm trying to secure a 4 month old King Charles bitch from someone off Freecyle (slipped through the net and was posted before the mods checked it). Anyway she is in my village and apparently was 'rescued' from the breeder!! She only has 1 eye and has a non-disruptive hernia (obviously a vet would need to confirm the history behind that). She apparently is vaccinated.

I've managed to find a kind soul who will foster her, but obviously I need some rescue help if anyone is able?

I know it's a long shot, but I'm not willing to ignore the email so if anyone can offer her a place I'd be extreamly grateful.

Jacky

xxx

You could try Friends of the Animals

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/index.html

Thanks, I'm still trying to get her. Think he's waiting out for some money...he'll have a long wait!! :angry: I've got a friend who is going to pretend she's interested too to see if she can get the full story from him.

Good news is we had a lurcher dumped yesterday afternoon too but she's already secured a home (luckily cos I fell totally in love with her so she was looking likely to become number 6 in my house!!! :laugh: ) so it's not all bad! :glare:

Jacky, I wasn't sure from your post if you were looking for a rescue to possibly take the dog on themselves for rehoming or for a rescue to offer back-up but have the dog stay with the person you mentioned in foster, to be rehomed from there. If the latter, I'm not sure who to suggest but if the former, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find her a rescue place if transport could be arranged to move her.

Is she a Cavalier or a King Charles Cavalier?

Good luck, hope she finds a good new home one way or the other :flowers:

:flowers: Thanks everyone, a firm home offer has been made for her now so it's all sorted (well apart from physically getting Molly from the bloke that is!! :rolleyes: ) She'll be spayed and the hernia removed as soon as she's old enough and hopefully that will be her settled for life now. Poor little soul.

He said she's a King Charles Spaniel Ange, to be honest I know nothing about the difference between them and a cavvy, I thought they were the same thing?! :laugh:

Hope she gets sorted happily! as for the difference...a cavalier king charles spaniel has a long nose than a king charles. Not sure whether they both come in the same colours, but cavs are tri (black white and tan) ruby, blenheim and black and tan. Don't think the kc's come in blenheim or tri, but I could well be wrong.

Edited by suzeanna

Very glad pup is going to be ok, well done to everyone involved :flowers:

Jacky, I had a google and there's some info here about the two breeds in case you're interested. Suzeanna, that link lists the same colours for both breeds.

I think there are far more Cavaliers bred than the King Charles aren't there, so this one might well be a Cavalier. There seem to be rather a lot puppy farmed don't there :(