UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nog's Progress - updated 29th September 2010

snow

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

On 27th August 2009 Nog shattered his hock and the first fear was osteosarcoma - the original thread is here http://www.therefuge...age__hl__noggin

Once we were over that scare we began the long long long process of healing and recovery that I documented in this thread until February.

As most of you know even after Nog was discharged from the hospital we faced battles to get him to use the leg, he had extensive hydrotherapy but whilst that added some muscle back to the leg he still tended to use 3 legs a fair bit of the time. We had actually accepted the fact he was never again going to be able to trot - he could gallop flat out and he could walk using all 4 legs, leap and boing to his hearts content but trotting was always 3 legged.

In addition to the lack of a trot Nog also seemed unable to roach - the last time he did so was the day of his accident.... until yesterday! :biggrin: Yesterday afternoon Nog was on the sofa in a full on bonafide legs in the air roach! Since then he has been roaching like a professional whenever he feels like it, I got a bit choked up when I saw it and a bit anxious about how he was going to turn himself over but I needn't have worried he manages just fine - and that would have been me quite content had he stopped at that .... but he had one more surprise in store for us .....

Tonight he went out for a late night walk road with Rob they had been gone a little while when the phone rang - Rob's mobile came up on caller display and my heart missed a beat fearing bad news, instead Rob asked me to turn off the lights and look out the window .... and there comfortably trotting at full pace on ALL 4 LEGS was Noggin!! :elefant: :wub: :elefant:

Nog is still on previcox everyday, walks up the stairs rather than leaping up 3 at a time and the leg is badly scarred but who cares???

It's taken almost £11,000 , 1 year 4 weeks and 3 days but we have finally got there!! :biggrin: