UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nog's Progress - updated 29th September 2010

snow

I'd loss track of this thread & "just expected" things to be totally different by now tbh. I'm sorry to read ythat's not the case & Nog still hasn't healed as you would have hoped / expected.

I hope you all have a relaxing xmas together, surgery goes well on 29th & 2010 will bring you & Nog some happier news / progress in his recovery :flowers:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have heard from the vets about Nogs surgery, it all went very well and the good news is the plate removal went off without a hitch and that the bones have healed strongly - so much so that for the moment it appears no external fixation except perhaps a plastic splint is needed! biggrin.gif In addition to that there was enough good flesh and skin to enable the surgeon to close the wounds without needing any fancy stitching or a skin graft biggrin.gif

Nog's already round from the GA tho he's currently on a morphine drip and strong antibiotics as he is bound to be a little bit sore. First dressing change is tomorrow and they hope to be able to see from that if the wounds are healing - certainly within a day or so we'll know if they are going to stay closed at last.

It's possible we may be able to have him home much early than expected - although a lot will depend on how the wounds look and on whether he would be able to travel as we are going to Wales new years day worst case scenario would mean I would have to stay home with Nog and miss the rugby but hey ho we'll play that one as it comes.

I'm really really praying that everything stays closed as we'd then be right back on target for a full discharge in just a few weeks rather than another 4 months.

With the bones not needing fixation I should imagine we will initially be back to restricted exercise but even thats better than crate rest and no exercise.

So I'm pleased with todays results but still will be wibbling over the wound healing for a few days or so yet.

Hannes commented that it's not just Nog's temprement thats been so good through all this but his mental attitude as well, Nog has not given up or let any of this get him down and he has such a strong zest for life and good attitude to being incapacitated that it's helped enormously. wub.gif