UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Perfect Job For A Fugee?

zico's mum

I didn't say it wasn't enough to live on! :laugh: I said it might be a bit of a struggle. It's certainly possible to live on much much less, but personally, I found it easier when I was living in a town centre so could walk to everything, which I doubt this is, and not running a car (petrol goes up and up...) and maybe without too many visits to be made to the rest of the country (train fares to where most people live do mount up if you aren't careful...

I also know more than a few people who have been earning far more but still have got themselves into serious trouble by overspending, so it's not a no-brainer. Any salary is inadequate for someone that isn't prepared to live within it. :laugh:

I am told that the cheapest place to live is a little town in the Lancashire hills.. but as it is the place that The league Of gentlemen based their Tv series on ..( are you local? ) it snows at easter and the tulips come out in july I think I will give it a miss.

The major trouble I had in Cornwall was transport. Always taxis and no short journeys. I lived in one place where the regular bus service was ---on a Wednesday-- one there and one back. not a lot of point in having the bus pass. Mind you the warm wind would be welcome.

Here the bus to the hospital goes past the front door every 7 minutes and takes 12 minutes, it faster than the ambulance.

• Like 1

Here the bus to the hospital goes past the front door every 7 minutes and takes 12 minutes, it faster than the ambulance.

To be fair though, live in the right bit of Cornwall and the same applies, and any rural county will have places with transport problems. I grew up in North Devon, our bus service went into town on Tuesday and came back again on Thursday. :laugh:

Equally charities get negative comments when they advertise jobs with really high salaries

That is so true! I've been pondering over this job ever since I saw it posted. I'm afraid tho tht my knowledge of cats, goats and wildlife is below of what they would expect. Basically, if I was to be left in charge of a bunch of goats, the goats would find temselves in trouble in no time! :wacko:

Other than that I would be quite happy to pack up my van and leave Manchester behind for a job like that (dream on, Billy! :rolleyes:)

Why not apply for it Billy, you have the passion and ability to learn. They can always say no, but they can't say yes unless you tell them you exist :flowers:

Awww, that's nice Murtle :flowers: This is a manager's role tho - if it was assistant I'd apply, but if they'd say 'yes' to my level of knowledge and ship me off there to be in charge both of animals and other people I would be bricking it! :ohmy: I'd just relish the thought of working in a sanctuary, making a difference to old and sick people as well, in a place where the sun shines a lot more than up here in Manchester :)

Billy, a good manager is only a good manager if they have some knowledge, know when they know things and know when they don't and have the passion to inspire those they manage to get the best out of them.

Honestly, let them decide - not you :flowers:

You never know what doors open when you open them a smidgen yourself!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :wub:

xxx

Awww, thanks :blush: Really appreciate it :flowers:

However, I'm not going to apply for the job. I've had a good read on their website, and it says that there are no kennels etc, and that the rescue mimicks a home situation as much as possible. I totally support that, but seeing as both Kiera and Sparky do not readily welcome others, be it human or animal, into their home, and both of them would love to chase the given up cats and birds, nevermind the local wildlife, I don't think it would be a responsible thing for me to do. I'll check their site again in a few years' time, once the hooligans are a few years older, and hopefully a bit more chilled out. Should they then advertise a live-in position, I'll definitely apply :)

• 4 weeks later...