UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spike'S Passed Away

houndzrus

Oh Marge & Keith I'm so desperately sorry :mecry: I'm so pleased I got to meet the lovely lad. He was so gentle bless him and he decided to slip away in typical gentle form. He has a special place in many peoples hearts and will be sorely missed. Night night sweetheart. :wub: :GroupHug:

So sorry.

Run strong at the bridge, Spike.

His Journey's Just Begun

By Ellen Brenneman

Don't think of him as gone away--

his journey's just begun

life holds so many facets

this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting

from the sorrows and the tears

in a place of warmth and comfort

where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing

that we could know today

how nothing but our sadness

can really pass away.

And think of him as living

in the hearts of those he touched...

for nothing loved is ever lost--

and he was loved so much.

be at peace

Spike was everything good about greyhounds

and you are everything good about hound owners.

you could not have loved each other more

my thoughts are with you all

fee

I couldn't have said it better, my heart goes out to you all. Dogs come and dogs go on the Refuge, all are remembered but some dogs become special dogs - Refuge dogs. It brightens our lives up when we hear of milestones reached, of happy times, and in rough times we feel sadness and shock. Spike was one of those "special dogs" and always will be, he had the most amazing, wonderful life with you and I'm privileged and honoured to have met both him and Cherry. Peace be with you and your family Marge, he is at rest now. :GroupHug:

:mecry:

Spike :wub:

You were the most handsome greyhound I ever had the pleasure of meeting and I know you know you were loved as big as the world - safe journey to the Bridge until you all meet again :mecry:

Thank you all for such kind words and support. :flowers: I am so touched by your thoughts. Spike would have loved to know what you thought of him, he always was fickle, and would have gone to each one of you individually and nudged you till you had to pat him. He knew how to work a crowd. :wub: :mecry: