UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Regarding Cruciate Ligament Injuries

Anne Grose

I am looking for some real life feedback on dogs who have had cruciate ligament injuries for the best success in future movement. There is a strong possibility that Barty may have damaged his cruciate ligament, the injury he suffered last week that we thought was his disc slipping again is NOT and he has injured either his cruciate or the hock ligament. As some of you know Barty has HD off the scale with both hips having no sockets and he also has a bulging disc. I am hoping that he has slightly torn or tweaked it and some form of conservative management will create a complete cure, but whatever we do it is imperative that he gets full movement and use back of that leg or he will not be able to support his hips.

I would really appreciate hearing what people have done with a young dog (Barty is only 6) and what the success has been. We get back to the UK on Sunday afternoon and he is going in on Monday morning for a full assessment and xrays under sedation so we will know for certain what he has done after that.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

I am looking for some real life feedback on dogs who have had cruciate ligament injuries for the best success in future movement. There is a strong possibility that Barty may have damaged his cruciate ligament, the injury he suffered last week that we thought was his disc slipping again is NOT and he has injured either his cruciate or the hock ligament. As some of you know Barty has HD off the scale with both hips having no sockets and he also has a bulging disc. I am hoping that he has slightly torn or tweaked it and some form of conservative management will create a complete cure, but whatever we do it is imperative that he gets full movement and use back of that leg or he will not be able to support his hips.

I would really appreciate hearing what people have done with a young dog (Barty is only 6) and what the success has been. We get back to the UK on Sunday afternoon and he is going in on Monday morning for a full assessment and xrays under sedation so we will know for certain what he has done after that.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Any news yet? My Tishka had a cruciate rupture and I still have all the medical rewcords if any use?

Having got back to the UK and seen his regular vet he is of the opinion it is his disc slipped again rather than a leg injury so huge sigh of relief all round.

Sorry didn't think to post here as no-one had replied.

Thanks for the offer I hope Tischka made a full recovery