UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Foster Number 3

GoldenOldie

My third foster girl since last October has arrived! My beloved old GSD had to be pts in January because of multiple health problems, no. 2 (Millie Bichon) arrived with a sackload of behavioural issues, mainly fear aggression and in 6 weeks her lovely intelligence and personality shone thro' and she is now with her new family. On Friday I collected Millie - yes, another Millie! -a 9 yr. old spaniel from a local vet where she had been taken by her 89 yr. old owner to be pts because he can no longer walk her and kept falling over her in the house.

He agreed for her to be rehomed and signed her over. She is grossly overweight but has clearly been a very loved pet and the sanctuary manager was told by the vet she appeared to have only a minor eye infection, however, I now have a lovely old lady in the throes of a false pregnancy, borderline pyometra (she had a scan on Saturday) and the most horrendous conjunctivitis with entropian in one eye which may need surgery, She's responding well to treatment and in spite of her life being turned upside down in a matter of days has the sweetest nature and is endearing herself to everyone. My 3 resident oldies are as welcoming and calm as always with newcomers and the cats are, as always, resigned to more dogs! She is lovely with the grandchildren and ignores the cats.

When I become more competent I will post a pic of her and my other lovely oldies.

Sally

I was asked to foster this lovely old girl by a local sanctuary in Stockport. When I went to collect her the practice manager at the vet she had been taken to did say they had been trying a number of places so good for them, they really did try their best for the old girl!

She had a little moment of excitement today when I got her lead out and the least bad eye - is that grammatical - is now fully open and the white is clear. She also showed interest in her dish this evening and ate with the others so it's all small steps but in the right direction.

Sally.