UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thought I'D Pop In An Update.

JACKYSIAN

Ok, I is a loosin' me marbles!!! I was sure that I had replied.

It is great to hear that Kane has recovered and is back to good health. I'm sure that there aren't enough pics though!!!!wink.gif

Just to make sure that the rest of the rabble don't get jealous, some pics of them are also needed!!!laugh.gif

Look after yourself and see you soon. flowers.gif

Wellll yesssss I may have spoken too soon!! Saturday we had the most wonderful day, got 3rd in the Dressage & Jumping combination test!! A respectful 63.1% on the dressage and 1 refusal in the jumping (my fault I got scared and told him to abort mission!!!), then in the afternoon we did a fun Le Trek test which I LOVED and we got 3rd in that too..which was out of 20 people so I was extreamly happy!!! Sunday was a show day but I couldn't be bothered (not a huge fan of showing!) and the novice jumps were too high for us so we had a day of pottering and doing not much. Then yesterday I recieve a phone call at 4.30 from the yard owner..the phone call that starts 'Don't panic but....' and it turns out my calm, quiet and chilled cob had jumped out of his stable!!! So we are now sporting a huge rip on his hind leg and one rather sorry for himself horse!! Luckily my vet was there within an hour and he was happy the cut was clean and didn't need stitching. But Kane was totally insane and I wish I knew what had unsettled him but he was like something possessed!! It reminded me of the early days, I had to laugh cos everyone kept saying 'Oh it's not like Kane' and I was 'Ummm actually yes it's very like the old Kane!!!'. Anyway thanks to the quick work of some people on the yard it wasn't half as bad as it could have been. I've just been there now and the wound is really clean and healing already, he's not lame and there's no swelling so I'm happy. Just means a few days off for us both ...except I've already been roped in to ride someone elses horse cos she's struggling so I don't think I'll be resting much!!

Edited by JACKYSIAN

:rolleyes: trust Kane :laugh: glad its not worse, he was very lucky.

What is Le Trek test?i've never heard of it. You did fantastic in the other events as well so well done :biggrin:

It's so much fun!!! We only did a mini one with not all the parts but basically it's lots of obstacles like riding under low branches, getting on and off onto raised things, riding up steps, jumping natural jumps, riding between flags, cantering along a track as slow as you can, then walking as fast as you can, orienteering, cantering an area in a optimum time (that was fun cos it was in Kane's napping field so I ended walking the first part..otherwise he would have won because he excelled at everything else!! :rolleyes: ). Lots of other things I've likely forgot! Honestly if you get the chance then have a go cos it was brilliant!!

Really good to hear from you Jacky. I was going to say that I'm glad that Kane is doing well again, but just read your update about him jumping out of his stable! Good grief, unless the door is only about 2' tall, no wonder he cut himself!

Hope he is healed up and back in work soon, because it sounds like you're achieving wonderful things together.