UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Yes it is. Your punishment is to waffle on here every day for the next fortnight. Doing well now thanks and back at work. Groan. Hope things are going better for you. :GroupHug:

Amy I'm not sure what to put either. Maybe have a nosey at other websites and see the type of things they have put.

Yes it is. Your punishment is to waffle on here every day for the next fortnight. Doing well now thanks and back at work. Groan. Hope things are going better for you. :GroupHug:

Amy I'm not sure what to put either. Maybe have a nosey at other websites and see the type of things they have put.

I can do that. :laugh: Things are not good here really that is why I stopped. I just seemed to post misery so thought I would keep it to myself. Harry is doing brilliant though he is a royal pain in the backside. :wink:

I've spent the last 2 nights trying to find a dog friendly cottage, 3 bedrooms, 2 toilets (don't ask - ageing parents :rolleyes: ) within a couple of hours drive from Bristol and not a mega drive for me. Typical me I left it too late for when we wanted to go, but I think I've found something for a bit later. I then had to have a long conflab with my mum who'd spotted a few cottages but thinks computers are the devils work. Bless her, she says www dot every time when reading out a web address for me to look up :D

:wub: Rodney, Ice looks very happy with his noo friend

I am extremly annoyed - MIL arrives tomorrow and I bought a new bed so she had somewhere to sleep, which was supposed to have been delivered this evening - it hasn't arrived :mad: I made a particular point of explaining to the salesman it HAD to be here today for the royal visit and that I could have it from another shop if he couldn't deliver it in time - he assured me that it absolutely without fail would be here this evening, it was the only flipping reason I bought from him especially as the bed was a more expensive one than the one I'd seen online grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr He has no idea whether I work tomorrow or not - as it happens both hubby and I are off because his cars going in to have the clutch done, but we had plans to nip out and do a few things before she arrived, ffs I did my Tesco shop a day early so we had the time free tomorrow. I have no idea why it hasn't shown up, we've rung and no one answers, I don't even know if they will be able to deliver tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

On a lighter note I know you fugees know pretty much all there is to know about cleaning things so tips needed for cleaning very very old and dirty silver and silver plate jewellery - they are very tarnished and several items are totally black :wacko: one of the items is a gorgeous Navajo silver and turquoise necklace so anything used to clean it must not be harmful to the turquoise.

Despite this I am still deeply unenthused by the thought of having a man or woman in my life :rolleyes:

Me too. Mr Plenty Of Fish turned out to be a bit weird. I've come off it since.

Rodney Trotter??? Jesus that woman picks some odd names for her pets.

Julie!!! great to see you back.

Snow, I think steradent tablets clean silver and silver plate. Don't know what they'll do to turqiouse but they don't melt false teeth....

SNOW LOOK AT THIS.............

a pan

aluminum foil

4 teaspoons of baking soda

4 cups of boiling water

a large glass bowl

a drop of liquid soap

100% cotton soft cloth

Place foil on the bottom of pan. Lay your silver pieces on the bottom. Fill pan with water until silver is fully submerged. Sprinkle baking soda over it. Soak silver for 5 to 10 minutes. Mix remaining hot water and a drop of liquid soap into a glass bowl. Place your silver in the soapy water and wash. Rinse with clean water and polish dry your pieces with a soft cotton cloth.

I've got a polishing cloth for gold and silver that I use for my silver jewellery and it's great but no idea how it would be on turquoise - is the turquoise in need of a clean too or just the silver?

The jeweller I got my pendant and ring from also offers a thorough cleaning service but she's not local. If it was something precious I think I'd take it to a good jewellers and ask them.

Thanks Mel - funnily enough I found something similar, a foil lined bowl, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon baking powder, & warm water - just dumped a silver bangle in the mixture which had been totally black and had resisted silver cloths, vinegar & lemon juice and after only 2 mins the tarnish was lifting off :biggrin: I have now dumped everything into the bowl and will leave it for 20 mins or so then go see how they are doing - I'm astonished so far as this stuff has been subject to me trying to clean it many times over the years without success.

Ange silver cloth hasn't worked for such deep tarnishing - the turquoise isn't valuable but the peice was one of my faves until it got so badly tarnished I couldn't wear it any more. I love silver - but it doesn't love me lol