UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

Just 'had a call from my sister, who has been doing sterling work sorting things out for mum. She has seen the social worker, who used to be a student nurse when mum was a sister and also knew my stepdad. Social worker has asked for a mini case conference with GP, social services and someone from the hospital plus my sis and auntie, and all have agreed. It will be a week on Wednesday. Hospital staff now realise that mum is very compos sometimes and completely disconnected at other times. They don't know why, and have no idea what the prognosis is. Everyone feels that she should be able to go home in a couple of weeks with the right support, and will work together to see that this is provided.

sparkle, I am glad that you are happy. I have many buckets but will not be using one, as I am in no position to talk. The texts which fly in and out of my Blackberry are somewhat bucketworthy :rolleyes: and not in the camping bucket sense either.

:flowers: glad things are progressing with your mum's situation hun :flowers:

blackbury to blackbury is free! what is you pin?!

Edited by sparkle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very ancient Blackberry indeed, and I don't know if it works on that system. I don't use it for emailing, but like it because it has a qwerty keyboard. I'm on O2, and have zillions of free texts anyway. What is the pin for, does it give you free emails or free talking? I tried to make it work with Sherlock Bones as she is another Blackberry person, but couldn't.

I have a very ancient Blackberry indeed, and I don't know if it works on that system. I don't use it for emailing, but like it because it has a qwerty keyboard. I'm on O2, and have zillions of free texts anyway. What is the pin for, does it give you free emails or free talking? I tried to make it work with Sherlock Bones as she is another Blackberry person, but couldn't.

Its basically an extra phone number which you give to other blackberry users and once they have it they can message you for free from their blackberry .... (i hope that makse sense as I've had a couple of glasses of vino and no supper :laugh: ) :flowers:

im a very happy bunny :biggrin:

Bruno fireside rescue dog who was seized in early march and put on the register last month was returned home today :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

he ran into the house at three hundred miles an hour only pausing briefly to slurp the baby before sitting by the biscuit tin :wub:

his owners parrot screeched "bruno bruno come here" for three hours :wub: so i guess hes pleased to see his mate too

im a very happy bunny :biggrin:

Bruno fireside rescue dog who was seized in early march and put on the register last month was returned home today :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

he ran into the house at three hundred miles an hour only pausing briefly to slurp the baby before sitting by the biscuit tin :wub:

his owners parrot screeched "bruno bruno come here" for three hours :wub: so i guess hes pleased to see his mate too

That made me :laugh: and :mecry:

I am very pleased for you Sparkley one :biggrin:

Welcome home Bruno, and well done everyone involved. His owners must be over the moon :wub:

Owl, I hope you can get a good care package worked out for your mum, it must be very worrying.

I have had my fairly poorly, disabled mum visiting for the weekend and we have had a very lovely time (marred only a little bit by the OH who has been a bit of a knob). And just to take the shine off it I rang my ancient MIL to wish her good luck with a minor operation tomorrow, to be told I should 'get rid' of all my animals. And then I had another phone chat with DIL - to tell her my mum has painstakingly knitted a tiny baby jacket for her - who made it fairly plain that my involvement as a step-gran will be limited. Probably to only when I can be useful, I suspect. So now I am feeling a bit sad as I was very excited about being involved in the baby's life. Some days can be properly up and down can't they. Anyway, tomorrow is another day.

Sweet dreams everyone :flowers:

I have had my fairly poorly, disabled mum visiting for the weekend and we have had a very lovely time (marred only a little bit by the OH who has been a bit of a knob). And just to take the shine off it I rang my ancient MIL to wish her good luck with a minor operation tomorrow, to be told I should 'get rid' of all my animals. And then I had another phone chat with DIL - to tell her my mum has painstakingly knitted a tiny baby jacket for her - who made it fairly plain that my involvement as a step-gran will be limited. Probably to only when I can be useful, I suspect. So now I am feeling a bit sad as I was very excited about being involved in the baby's life. Some days can be properly up and down can't they. Anyway, tomorrow is another day.

Sweet dreams everyone :flowers:

:GroupHug:

Glad people are working to help your mum Phebe :flowers:

JulesB :GroupHug:

:elefant: :elefant: Bruno - so happy for him and his family :elefant: :elefant:

Really pleased for you Sparkle :flowers:

Thanks folks, I wasn't expecting advice or anything, just needed to have a brief rant as it's been a horrid day. Aside from the stuff I was moaning about, Rob had a new pupil just not turn up and another new one turn up without any money :rolleyes: Not a great start. Also some family "stuff" which isn't mine to share but has left us feeling rather :unsure: :( Tomorrow is another day though and it will no longer be the 13th :)

Why is it when you make it completely obvious to a company that you have been having financial problems but are getting through them, are keeping in touch, making payments when possible etc. and hope to be back on your feet soon-ish, that they seem intent on kicking you and then stamping on your head when you're down.

I know that feeling. Hope you get it sorted soon :GroupHug:

Sparkly one, you are making me feel quite nauseous with your happiness. Stop it at once. I'm jealous :rolleyes:

Jules, I have two children who don't have grandparents or much in the way of aunties/uncles. You're welcome to them if you like? :laugh: Seriously though, I'm sorry DIL is being that way :GroupHug: