UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :wub: Pickle

Wiggle & Sir H were outside but something is scaring Wiggle so they've come in. We have a frog (or it might be a toad) that seems to live in the plants at the side and it makes Wiggle jump :laugh:

It was so hot in the kitchen at work earlier that we borrowed a thermometer - it got an error once it got past 49 deg C :ohmy:

. She has spoken to us all on the phone and it's obvious to us that she has become fairly confused, which worries us. The hospital staff don't seem to realise how confused she is :unsure: but of course they don't know her so well.

My mum was like that. What she said was sensible but factually incorrect. You only knew she was confused if you knew the true facts.

Things like saying it was my birthday when it wasn't ( it was actually her sister's birthday), but of course the nursing staff didn't know that.

Pleased you got good news today Di :flowers:

Hoping they have found out what is wrong with mummyowl and can treat her successfully :GroupHug:

Was thinking of another kind of shop to a supermarket as those are a bit of a walk. Bearing in mind I'm bussing it at the mo. Thanks though. :flowers:

Can't keep up again.

Is OwlyMum drinking enough? I'm sure this is very random, but I recall lots of researchy stuff recently that "discovered" that some older folks in hospital were becoming very confused - but then it was found they weren't drinking enough, and when they did they became unconfused.

Probably not that simple for OwlyMum, but ......

Lady spays are fine. I have had one emergency one - Susie, now over the bridge - which went so well that I had the 'phone call from the vet saying "Please come and collect your dog. She is awake, won't settle, and we think she'd be FAR better off at home" (which turned out to be 'she'd rather be with you than us'!) And a "normal one" for Daisy. In the emergency case she really acted as if she'd never had any operation, but as she was older she was at least steadier to deal with afterwards. In the non emergency one, Daisy felt terribly sorry for herself for about four hours, but then decided that wearing a buster collar wasn't going to stop from doing anything, and I spent the next two weeks running myself ragged, trying to stop her from busting the door down to go up and down stairs, launching herself over the settee, hurtling around the garden with Tigger .................... honestly, believe me, you'll think the operation's a breeze once you get into the "keeping them calm" part afterwards!

Was going to say "we've had no rain" - but that's not true - we had ten spots at 6.00 am this morning, just as I was going to put the washing out. Instead of which I shoved a load of towels and bedding on the line at 5.15 pm tonight, and brought it in dry at 7.15 pm!

I have been strangely unwell today - don't think it's the heat as our office is quite cool - and I do heat quite well anyway - but for the last 24 hours I keep having very wobbly episodes. Don't know what's going on there.

Ooooooh. And the mindless act of vandalism to my garage door ................ I now have a Policeman (actually I think it might be one of those Community Support Men whatchamacallits is coming to see me on Tuesday - he wanted to come Friday afternoon, but I couldn't fit him in. :D So he's going to tour round my neighbours Friday afternoon! I can't believe there's so much activity over a five letter word!

Was thinking of another kind of shop to a supermarket as those are a bit of a walk. Bearing in mind I'm bussing it at the mo. Thanks though. :flowers:

If you're talking town centre cash back ................ our town Co-op does it, and I seem to think M&S might ....... ?

Can't you use a cash machine in town though? (Sorry, probably missing something obvious there!)

Some good news for once OH has a job, not the one he wanted, not well paid either, but it is a job. It's Ellie bellie bassets 3rd gotcha today, and her 8th birthday, she is not a happy girl, far too hot for her. I was going to put a thread up, but i've only just managed to get on here. hope everyone is ok.

I'm afraid I don't use ATMs having had my fingers burnt badly with them twice in the past.

How come I put a wash out and it's still wet :laugh: Sadly including the pair of trousers I'm supposed to be wearing tomorrow morning. Hopefully with the warmth in the house they will be dry in the morning.

I'm afraid I don't use ATMs having had my fingers burnt badly with them twice in the past.

How come I put a wash out and it's still wet :laugh: Sadly including the pair of trousers I'm supposed to be wearing tomorrow morning. Hopefully with the warmth in the house they will be dry in the morning.

Sorry about that. It's this blooming laptop. Didn't mean to post it just yet as wanted to add

Pleased your oh has got a job Simikins. Bet you're both relieved. :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

Is OwlyMum drinking enough? I'm sure this is very random, but I recall lots of researchy stuff recently that "discovered" that some older folks in hospital were becoming very confused - but then it was found they weren't drinking enough, and when they did they became unconfused.

Probably not that simple for OwlyMum, but ......

I think I remember reading that too. Fingers crossed it is something that simple :flowers:

Some good news for once OH has a job, not the one he wanted, not well paid either, but it is a job. It's Ellie bellie bassets 3rd gotcha today, and her 8th birthday, she is not a happy girl, far too hot for her. I was going to put a thread up, but i've only just managed to get on here. hope everyone is ok.

Good news for your OH's job :flowers: Happy Gotcha Day/Birthday Ellie :wub:

Thanks again for all the posts re the spay. I shall try not to wibble at you again until nearer the time. And I got called Angela. I only get called Angela when I've been norty :unsure:

Back's still sore. Rob phoned a friend who is a back doctor (can never remember what so I won't guess) and he said I should be resting it but I'm not very good at that :rolleyes: Though I have left the hoovering for tomorrow. Mainly because of the heat.

Thanks again for all the posts re the spay. I shall try not to wibble at you again until nearer the time. And I got called Angela. I only get called Angela when I've been norty :unsure:

I won't call you Angela unless I catch you reading spay horror stories online young lady ( said in scary squirrel voice ) ,

I have watched hundreds of ops , mainly conducted on borrowed kitchen tables lined with newspapers, with dogs supported by bricks wrapped in newspaper , using drugs that whilst techinally okay are 20 years old by UK standards, no oxygen , gas or heart / blood pressure monitors and its still okay :flowers:

Back's still sore. Rob phoned a friend who is a back doctor (can never remember what so I won't guess) and he said I should be resting it but I'm not very good at that :rolleyes: Though I have left the hoovering for tomorrow. Mainly because of the heat.

how did you hurt your back ? I see an osteopath for my back problems and although I have to rest he has also given me some exercises. If yours is still bad in a few days try and see your GP

Hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I won't call you Angela unless I catch you reading spay horror stories online young lady ( said in scary squirrel voice ) ,

I have watched hundreds of ops , mainly conducted on borrowed kitchen tables lined with newspapers, with dogs supported by bricks wrapped in newspaper , using drugs that whilst techinally okay are 20 years old by UK standards, no oxygen , gas or heart / blood pressure monitors and its still okay :flowers:

how did you hurt your back ? I see an osteopath for my back problems and although I have to rest he has also given me some exercises. If yours is still bad in a few days try and see your GP

Hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I shall try to avoid scary stories :laugh: I didn't go looking for them, it's just from reading about other people's dogs being done. I did think of Dogstar and your ops, which reassured me a bit! :flowers:

I hurt my back lifting Sno :rolleyes: I can usually lift him ok but I must have done it awkwardly today or had a weakness and when I went to pick him up to stop him getting into a difficult place as he was freaking out, I felt my back go. I think Rob's friend might be an osteopath too. I'll see how it is in the morning. Am hoping it will be much better :) Thanks Sam :flowers:

Wakey wakey everyone!!! I have been working for half an hour already! Well actually I was going to start work early today anyway cos the electricity company will be doing some work and power in our area is due to go off between 9 and 12 - naturally on the busiest day of the week report wise!!!! I wasn't actually planning on starting at 4.30 mind you, but as I had to get up for the loo thought I might as well rather than go back to bed and either try to sleep for an hour or go to sleep and not wake up until just before the electric goes off....