UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feed Me Please

Mags

Oh sweet,persistant little blighters aren't they waiting to be fed.I'm very excited because or the first time since I moved here I have sparrows on my feeders :biggrin: The house 2 doors down has always had plenty on theirs but for some reason they've ignored all the delicacies I've been putting out.

Zico's Mum, I believe they take a while to come to new feeders. I put some feeders in the front garden a few months ago and it took about a month for the birds to go to them. The only reason they started is because when the ones above (which is only some of the feeders there) were empty, I deliberately didn't fill them so they would go to the full ones.

Yes I love watching them. But I'll have to get myself a more zoomier zoom lens as that was as close as I could get to them.

The young starlings nearly have me eaten out of house and home. They go absolutely mad for the peanut or seed cakes and filled coconuts.

In total I probably have about 20 feeders and have to fill them about twice a week

Think birds can be very fickle sometimes.

Mr B's step-mum gave me a huge tub of peanuts, because her birds were eating her out of everything else she fed them, but wouldn't touch the peanuts.

The same peanuts went down a storm in my garden.

:laugh: but I've been putting feeders out for nearly 5 years now and it's literally last 10 days sparrows have appeared.I do love watching all the birds though - even if it is costing me a small fortune in seed,especially niger seed which all the finches adore.

Oh sorry :laugh: I put nyger seed out for first time couple of weeks ago. It hasn't been touched yet. I got a red peanut feeder recently as siskins are supposed to like the colour red. Haven't seen any yet :laugh: